! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

**WHAT IS HACKING?** - Page 1/15

Subject: **WHAT IS HACKING?**
Replies: 99 Views: 25282
> »
stefdag 8.06.09 - 06:01pm
SHOULD I HACK?
if thats what you are also asking then you are in the right place to find it out.
WHAT IS HACKING?
maybe it sounds very dangerous to you but its nothing that you have to worry about. your phone doesnt take any damage. you just take full control of your phone after hacking it, you can change almost everything on your phone, * +

stefdag 8.06.09 - 06:02pm
and install any application, something that nokia didnt wanted. a simple example: why should i not be able to change the nokia shaking hands at phones startup with something more personal? after hacking your phone you can do that if you want. hacking your phone is liberty. * +

NOTE FOR THE OPTIMIST GUYS..
unfortunally you will not find any new settings or functions to change what you want in your phone:) you have to install other apps or apply some patches to do that. but the good news are that other guys already done this things so you just have to read and follow the given steps and youre done. * +

if all that just confusing you right now, forget what i said above for few weeks and just be happy that you can install any unsigned application without signing it. * +

WHY NOKIA CLOSED THE PHONES?
you should know that the very first symbian phones were not closed. We could see all phone files with an explorer, we could install any application that came out and so on. unfortunally virus developers knew that also and after some time (when Nokia started to sell many S60 phones) many viruses came out because the phones were not protected at all against that. * +

stefdag 8.06.09 - 06:03pm
After that Symbian had to react. And they did, bringing out Symbian 9. Symbian had changed almost everything on the phones software, making it impossible to install applications that were developed for the older operating systems. * +

i think the first thought of symbian was to make the phones more secure against viruses. some people also say they did that for the money...and i think they are also right because everything is about the money :) * +

SYMBIAN 9.
with the new operating system everything changed. the phones were closed now. of course we could install new apps on it but they had to be signed applications. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-15
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Symbian Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search