! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

** VIRUS IN S40 ** - Page 28/30

Subject: ** VIRUS IN S40 **
« <> »
xshubhmx 15.02.12 - 04:40am
It shows that because app isn't signed by java certificate * +

profile 15.02.12 - 06:07am
I know that and the fact that you are downloading an app which the developer didn't go all the way to buy a certificate puts you at risk of having malware... Anyway, WhatsApp has just stored undeletable log files on my phone as i was uploading images there, a sign that once you give permission to an app to read and/or write to your java mobile it can do something else to your files without your permission... And if you java phone supports widget like mine you are more at risk since there is aut * +

profile 15.02.12 - 06:26am
I can't seem to get the last part of my reply through which makes a really good point. * +

funtikar 15.02.12 - 12:50pm
@profile, i haven't used s40 in a long time now but doesn't the app will ask for user permission every time it wants to do something . etc creating a file and if you pressed detail it will show you exactly the filename and location of it. I think you are reffering to the session based permission or ask once permission feature which i think is not available for read/write disk * +

profile 15.02.12 - 03:24pm
The session based permission request is at start-up but since WhatsApp is always running in the background it asked that kind of permission once... * +

profile 15.02.12 - 03:30pm
The last part of my comment goes: Java phones are not at risk from viruses but projan horses, and spyware. An AV can scan for a piece of code in a program which assign itself as a start-up widget and uses the multi threading feature which gives it higher privileges... * +

profile 15.02.12 - 03:40pm
a program which can do that and not yield CPU time to other programs can render your phone useless because you will have to switch it off to stop the program but it will also start-up again as soon as you switch your phone back on... * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-30
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Nokia Forum
9 Forum Index