! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

The only begotten son of God? - Page 7/16

Subject: The only begotten son of God?
« <> »
ufohunter 25.04.20 - 02:38pm

@ miaiad - 20.04.20 - 01:27am
YES, Christians are the people of the Book/Bible...
The Quran will answer you:
(1) (... and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, We are Christians. That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant... And when they hear what has been revealed to the Messenger, you see their eyes overflowing with tears because of what they have recognized of the truth. They say, Our Lord, we have believed, so register us among the witnesses...) Quran 5:82-83
(2) (And do not argue with the People of the Scripture except in a way that is best, except for those who commit injustice among them, and say, We believe in that which has been revealed to us and revealed to you. And our God and your God is one; and we are Muslims [in submission] to Him.) Quran 29:46.
-------------
Conclusion: if there's one Muslim done a mistake, then there are many who do good and follow their Quran.
If there is one Christian done a mistake against a Muslim or a Jewish, then there are many who are respectful.
What should we all do?
We must encourage respectful good conduct among all people, regardless of their beliefs.
We need all do our best to make this world better place, spread love, respect, cooperation, etc..
rose.gif

A large chunk of Syrian and Maghrebi Muslims are descended from Christian converts to Islam over 1 000 years back.
(Aramaic is still spoken by Syrian Muslims to this day in certain villages - evident to their Christian roots).
These people have mostly become 'Arabised' and identify with that identity.

I've been to Jordan, seen the lost city of Petra where the Nabataens used to live (they are the ancestors of the Arab people and precursors to the Arabic language and abjad script).
Pretty cool.

Also, was weird lol.gif seeing black people in Jordan. Didn't expect that. * +

lugus 26.04.20 - 02:20am

@ ufohunter - 6.03.20 - 01:09pm
The god of Islam is no God of mine

Only the God of Judaism is to be believed,
Which is the same as in Christianity

Jesus fulfilled the Law not to abolish it.
Islam was made by Muhammad to stop people believing in Jesus,

And are thus being brainwashed by Imams promising martyrdom for evil terrorist acts such as suicide car bombings etc

Only Shia Islam is okay

I got some bad news, Allah is God, God I'd Jehovah, Jehovah is Enlil, Enlil is Anlil, Anlil was the head god of the Sumerians, and all these millennia of my sky daddy is better than your sky daddy fighting is pathetic. Pride is a sin no matter what monotheistic line you prostrate too but they never learn * +

dopeyorwhat 20.05.20 - 04:06pm

@ ufohunter - 31.03.20 - 10:41am
Islam is some special case. Those who follow it in strict terms tend to exhibit extreme fundamental views.
What is shocking is Muslims tend to 'isolate' from 'non-believers' treating them differently. An Islamic society is one where only Muslim interests are followed and everyone must follow it strictly.
Saudi Arabia, Brunei, Iran..
Apostates are imprisoned and executed. Why must someone born into a Muslim family be stuck to Islam?
Let them be.
All Muslim countries must be more secular. Scrap Sharia law. Scrap everything! Fit into the 21st century not the dark ages.

Why don't you follow your own advice? It's you lot who are uncivilized towards the muslims.. And all we say is that there is only One God * +

dopeyorwhat 20.05.20 - 04:10pm

@ ufohunter - 18.04.20 - 04:04pm
My dad accidentally sent a vid via WhatsApp about Jesus to his cellphone repairer, an old Muslim friend, a man named 'Cassim'.
He was absolutely vile later on saying 'fu*k Moses', etc etc.

So what's up with that?
Aren't Christians 'people of the Book'?

Why would any Muslim speak profanity let alone towards a prophet of Allah... If you want to learn about a particular subject are you going to learn from a student or the teacher? Why when it comes to Islam do you not learn from the scripture? People are full of flaws whether they have a religion or not.. This is for Allah to judge you if you are a true believer should look for Allah's religion and not distract yourself and others from the truth.. * +

ufohunter 20.05.20 - 07:48pm

@ dopeyorwhat - 20.05.20 - 04:06pm
Why don't you follow your own advice? It's you lot who are uncivilized towards the muslims.. And all we say is that there is only One God

The antagonism towards followers of Islam is because of the followers of Islam who are into Islamic fundamentalism of the political and social level where not even the indigenous Christians of the particular nations are even allowed to attend church services and such.
Many of the refugees of the particular nations find it really uneasy residing in an open Shari'a political system. Most are of the Muslim faith (Christian majority nations are more supportive).
All I'm saying is try and adapt to modern life.
Christianity did so * +

ufohunter 20.05.20 - 07:54pm

@ dopeyorwhat - 20.05.20 - 04:10pm
Why would any Muslim speak profanity let alone towards a prophet of Allah... If you want to learn about a particular subject are you going to learn from a student or the teacher? Why when it comes to Islam do you not learn from the scripture? People are full of flaws whether they have a religion or not.. This is for Allah to judge you if you are a true believer should look for Allah's religion and not distract yourself and others from the truth..

Yes. Many Muslims don't look highly on those others of the book (the Jews and Christians). I understand that. Actually I do not.
Anyway.

Why would I dwelve into Islam when I find the message of the Cross more of an appealing nature? (Plus it all makes complete sense - Jesus as the Messiah and Redemeer of mankind. Had to die for yours and my sin).

Likewise to that guy but still I do not get it (Judaism and Christianity laid the groundwork). * +

ufohunter 20.05.20 - 08:14pm
So Jesus chin.gif did not die on the Cross?
An Atheist tends to say so.
What was the point of His coming if not Messiah and Redemeer?
Yes Messiah in Islam too but,
Wait, everything is distorted from either.
Which is correct view? The previous or the latter of the faiths?
It's like innie, minnie, minny, moh.

My point exactly * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-16
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark