! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Iraqi christians - Page 7/20

Subject: Iraqi christians
« <> »
kimjongl 28.07.14 - 09:09pm

@ zeroload - 28.07.14 - 08:54pm
Is it though? Its a bigger insult that people appear to care about palestine and israel because its seen as its fashionable. Almost anyone can quote exactly how many people have died in palestine, yet most people dont seem to know or care that almost 200000 men,women and children are dead in a much larger war in the same area, i wont mention africa because no one gives a d*mn when africans die.

Do you care about Syria? * +

ladibud 28.07.14 - 09:12pm
how many of us care enough to do anythin at all abt all of this except talk abt it on social networks, chat sites, over the tea break at work? again, i don't think many of us. * +

kimjongl 28.07.14 - 09:15pm
I think the difference is some can talk about issues they care about without having to use the non discussion of other issues to brow beat those they disagree with because their original arguments have no substance.

No one cares about everything, at the end of the day all politics ends up being local anyway. * +

bozzalad 28.07.14 - 09:16pm

@ kimjongl - 28.07.14 - 08:25pm
That could work both ways. With the constant diversionary tactics of those who ask us to look away at 'other' conflicts to shield the atrocities committed by their team. In an effort to not look hypocritical and appear to care about all conflicts equally this tu quoque tactic is used when the reality is they themselves don't really care about it but are using the legitimate suffering of others to shield and divert attention away from the team they support.

It's a bigger insult to those people to use their suffering in this way, as a statistical tool, rather than to not talk about them at all.

I agree in part, seems some conflicts matter more than others * +

bozzalad 28.07.14 - 09:18pm

@ ladibud - 28.07.14 - 09:09pm
how many of us really care tho? how many of us lay awake at night coz it is weighin down on our mind so much? how many of us care enough to leave our safe homes nd go to these places to really show our support? not many is my guess.

Very true * +

9362 28.07.14 - 11:49pm
when innocents,especially children are killed by terrorists then i care irrespective of their colour,culture or religion.I do see ladibuds point though. * +

zeroload 29.07.14 - 05:43pm

@ kimjongl - 28.07.14 - 09:09pm
Do you care about Syria?

I actually do, too bad the media doesnt. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-20
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page