! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Buddhism. - Page 6/27

Subject: Buddhism.
« <> »
0gypsy0 30.05.16 - 12:57pm

@ ogdenz - 30.05.16 - 12:07pm
As if all I understand is a soul that lives eternally? That's totally the opposite of what this philosophy is saying. Creativity,enlightenment,curiosity etc do exist but only in dependence upon a myriad of other factors. I am happy to try and answer any questions folk have.

No, as if to you '' I'' means just that soul that lives eternally, when I said there's an '' I'' (the observer) you quickly draw the conclusion that I think this '' I '' that exists is that '' soul '' that continues existing after death. Even previously you said there's nothing that reincarnates because there's no '' I''. The observer exists, but it doesn't means necessarily that it's the soul. That's what I meant. This headless philosophy is kinda nonsense and it's obvious. * +

0gypsy0 30.05.16 - 01:11pm

@ ogdenz - 29.05.16 - 08:23pm
Good for you. Who has the thoughts in your head?

So if a mad scientist , instead of swapping our physical brains, just hooks up a computer to each of our brains, copies every single bit of data from each one, then wipes both of our brains completely clean, and then copies each of our brain data onto the other persons physical brain, will I become you and you will become me? Your personality, talents, instincts, emotions, fears, hopes and dreams will be mine, everything that makes you, I'll be an authentic you and vice-versa? ? * +

ogdenz 30.05.16 - 01:13pm
In what way do you feel this philosophy is ''headless''? * +

ogdenz 30.05.16 - 01:16pm

@ 0gypsy0 - 30.05.16 - 01:11pm
So if a mad scientist , instead of swapping our physical brains, just hooks up a computer to each of our brains, copies every single bit of data from each one, then wipes both of our brains completely clean, and then copies each of our brain data onto the other persons physical brain, will I become you and you will become me? Your personality, talents, instincts, emotions, fears, hopes and dreams will be mine, everything that makes you, I'll be an authentic you and vice-versa? ?

He would be just swapping data,thoughts,personalities. There is no independently existing ''you''or ''i'' to be swapped. * +

0gypsy0 30.05.16 - 01:27pm

@ ogdenz - 30.05.16 - 01:16pm
He would be just swapping data,thoughts,personalities. There is no independently existing ''you''or ''i'' to be swapped.

So if I lose the sense of self then would there be someone else or nobody?
* +

0gypsy0 30.05.16 - 01:29pm

@ ogdenz - 30.05.16 - 01:16pm
He would be just swapping data,thoughts,personalities. There is no independently existing ''you''or ''i'' to be swapped.

Creativity, talents, analytical /critical thinking, instincts, emotions, intelligence, sense of humor are just data? Why some have sense of humor, creativity, talents and others don't? Missing data? * +

0gypsy0 30.05.16 - 01:34pm
'' there's no watcher in conflict with his own thoughts'' are you sure? You've never had conflicting thoughts? Lol. I doubt that. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-27
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index