! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

any buddhists here yet? - Page 6/9

Subject: any buddhists here yet?
« <> »
fiftyshadesofgreat 10.03.15 - 05:43pm
Perceptions are separate from the mind. The mind converts perceptions into thoughts. But the mind is not limited to perceptions or sensory experience. The nirvana or enlightenment will also be an attribute of the mind. * +

ogdenz 10.03.15 - 10:03pm

@ fiftyshadesofgreat - 10.03.15 - 05:34pm
No of course it's not fixed =) The mind is what makes us formulate an image of I. The mind is not a passive wax upon which perceptions are imprinted, it is an active organ.

Agree with you re the mind sets up an image and a sense of ''I''.The mind isn't an organ though imo. * +

fiftyshadesofgreat 11.03.15 - 10:09am
Yeah... maybe it's just the brain? We can't perceive the mind so we associate the mental relations to the mind to save us from a materialistic philosophy. * +

krisp 29.03.15 - 10:13am
Apologies for the delayed response Pallas, I will give some of my thoughts on samsara which are not necessarily the views of other Buddhist. Samsara is a continuous flow of suffering a sentient organism goes through over a countless number of lifetimes. Sentience means the ability to feel and be aware (conscious) like we humans do and animals too! After all anything that can feel, can feel pain, right? Suffering is not just physical pain but mental pain and dangers. * +

krisp 29.03.15 - 10:14am
From the moment we are born we are so vulnerable to danger we cannot fend for ourselves, we cannot feed ourselves our entire survival is depend on another entity, in our cases its our parents or guardians who nurture us. Actually its not just our survival but our entire existence is dependent on other entities throughout our lifetimes. This is true for all life forms, Nature is all connected and provides an environment and sustenance for life to be abundant. * +

krisp 29.03.15 - 10:15am
We who are so dependent on this world cannot think of ourselves as separate, thats why the dharma takes in consideration all of life and nature, all connections and dependencies. * +

krisp 29.03.15 - 10:15am
The dharma in itself is a product of connections and dependencies, when talking about samsara its difficult to explain without going in to teachings of suffering, karma, the 31 plains of existence ..and so on. There are so many detailed teachings that go further and further into more teachings but the beauty about the dharma is that not everything can be learned just by reading and following teachings but instead by practicing and experiencing. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-9
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index