! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Iraqi christians - Page 6/20

Subject: Iraqi christians
« <> »
kimjongl 28.07.14 - 07:49pm
. * +

kimjongl 28.07.14 - 07:52pm

@ zeroload - 28.07.14 - 06:59pm
Thats not the point digits is making, no one cares about the 170000 plus that has died in syria, the thousands killed by infighting in iraq or the thousands killed by boko haram.

That's exactly the point. Unless it's just a numbers game to 'rank' the importance of conflicts. * +

bozzalad 28.07.14 - 08:17pm
not a numbers game, more a that's my team game. * +

kimjongl 28.07.14 - 08:25pm
That could work both ways. With the constant diversionary tactics of those who ask us to look away at 'other' conflicts to shield the atrocities committed by their team. In an effort to not look hypocritical and appear to care about all conflicts equally this tu quoque tactic is used when the reality is they themselves don't really care about it but are using the legitimate suffering of others to shield and divert attention away from the team they support.

It's a bigger insult to those people to use their suffering in this way, as a statistical tool, rather than to not talk about them at all. * +

zeroload 28.07.14 - 08:54pm
Is it though? Its a bigger insult that people appear to care about palestine and israel because its seen as its fashionable. Almost anyone can quote exactly how many people have died in palestine, yet most people dont seem to know or care that almost 200000 men,women and children are dead in a much larger war in the same area, i wont mention africa because no one gives a d*mn when africans die. * +

ladibud 28.07.14 - 09:04pm
we all have somethin that we are more passionate abt... and that's ok, it takes all kinds to make this world go round. * +

ladibud 28.07.14 - 09:09pm
how many of us really care tho? how many of us lay awake at night coz it is weighin down on our mind so much? how many of us care enough to leave our safe homes nd go to these places to really show our support? not many is my guess. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-20
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index