! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Evolution!??! - Page 56/57

Subject: Evolution!??!
« <> »
obi_jon 11.09.15 - 06:54am
A new species of early homonid, recently discovered in a South African cave, could significantly alter our thinking about the evolution of our human ancestors. Homo Naledi is believed to be around 2-3million years old and appears to show signs of sophisticated ritualistic behaviour at a much earlier stage than previously known.
[link]http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/newly-discovered-human-ancestor-likely-ritualistically-disposed-its-dead[/link] * +

nukeme 12.09.15 - 02:02am

@ mikeymk - 31.08.15 - 02:45am
The bible was written by people who didn't even know theworld was round - all religions were written by people who really had little understanding of anything, like their people, but there was a genuine call for order so they were written.

These days, thanks to science and technology, we have more of an understanding of what we are, or at least what's required. That's not to say there isn't still a demand for religion/cults.

The subject of evolution shows this quite well - not so much the intrigue about what started the ball rolling (evolution could only start after something existed, else it couldn't evolve in the first place), no, the main motivation is the fear of where evolution is going.

Millions just aren't prepared to believe that evolution is the answer to our future. That we've got to stay on this earth for millions of years until the inevitable happens and we die out.
Well what's the point. Might as well r*pe and steal.

No, the anti-evolutionists wanna believe in the second coming, visits, a cuddle of the ideal that we're not alone.

Personally, I think it's pretty obvious that we're a part of something that was formed. I also believe we're not here for no reason. But I also believe that we are evolving and it's down to us to take this in the best direction we can for as long as we can, and that religions are proving to be detrimental to that.

I believe this because I have my own mind, as i don't have to follow the rules of a book written by someone who didn't have any more of a clue.

Good.gif You explained that well. * +

obi_jon 12.09.15 - 02:01pm
It has been proven that human beings are still evolving. Studies involving the Sherpas of Nepal into why they don't suffer from altitude sickness have shown that they have evolved to cope with the effects better than the rest of us. Evolution in actionyes.gif * +

black89 12.09.15 - 08:07pm
It's so funny that this topic has two exclamation marks and two question marks, as if it would be a ridiculous thing to believe in evolution. * +

bozzalad 15.09.15 - 11:35am

@ obi_jon - 12.09.15 - 02:01pm
It has been proven that human beings are still evolving. Studies involving the Sherpas of Nepal into why they don't suffer from altitude sickness have shown that they have evolved to cope with the effects better than the rest of us. Evolution in actionyes

the radiation in kerala is another example * +

obi_jon 15.09.15 - 05:23pm
Another is the fact there are so many different and varied types(or races) of human beings in the world. If evolution didn't exist we would all look pretty much the same but we don't. The first homo-sapiens who emerged out of Africa would all have looked fairly similar but the different paths and branches taken by our ancesters as they spread throughout the world meant we have evolved into the varied different shapes and colours we are now. We evolved to adapt to the different environments encountered, eg. those who moved northwards into the colder climates of Europe eventually lost the heavy skin pigmentation needed to cope with the increased sunlight of the African climate. * +

mdc 17.09.15 - 04:22pm
It's scientific fact. Quantum mechanics is currently being said to be responsible for the different types of variation, the change in the code of the program, mutation. Even the universe evolved from singularity if we want to trace it all back. The universe has a beginning and has an end. So, basically we evolved from singularity just to extinct? If there's no purpose and meaning in life, why bother discussing it. Everything that is bound by the rules of nature will come to an end anyway. It's inevitable. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-57
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index