! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

This is for the science in you - Page 5/7

Subject: This is for the science in you
« <> »
valatine 1.06.15 - 01:36am
if there is no proof . that just means it never happened * +

xfrankie 1.06.15 - 04:58am
..very good! * +

0gypsy0 1.06.15 - 10:54pm

@ xfrankie - 23.05.15 - 04:13am
one would think this goes without saying, but you would be wrong. Anywho, in a RELIGION BELIEFS forum is it not obvious, that the PROOF OF EXISTENCE of anything is not subject to your ordinary standards of evidence found in labaratories.

Is it not apparent that what constitutes PROOF in one discipline say astrobiology may vary from that in sociology, and that rather than using one to discredit another, that they in FACT compliment each other.

Does PROOF possess only one Rigid character which cuts across the Complexity that is Humanity

Ok, here is a list of scientific discoveries that were later proven wrong by using a supernatural explanation :

...........etc. * +

nolisto1 1.06.15 - 11:32pm
I have no idea what this topic is about. All I can say about religion and science is there is no correlation between intellect and religious beliefs. Some of the most brilliant people in history where believers, intellectual giants like newton were believers, and some idiots are atheists. To be fair, some slightly above average intellects like Einstein were atheists, but I won't hold it against him. * +

xfrankie 2.06.15 - 12:13am
I hope to God that was a joke.. average intellect and einstein in the same sentence! * +

xfrankie 2.06.15 - 12:23am
And the topic is for one that seeks proof of God, by looking under a microscope. . . . * +

nolisto1 2.06.15 - 08:59am

@ xfrankie - 2.06.15 - 12:13am
I hope to God that was a joke.. average intellect and einstein in the same sentence!

Speaking of intellect, what makes a person smart. Is it pure brain power. By brain power what does that imply. Does that imply processing, ability to perform computations rapidly, does it imply recall, ability to absorb and recall rapidly. In this day and age of Google I would not consider knowledge of trivia as showing intelligence, as data is a click away, why store it in my head? * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index