! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Surely any religion - Page 4/5

Subject: Surely any religion
« <> »
iilmadme 20.04.14 - 10:15pm
there's more than that but ur right,it isnt certain.i tried to be careful with my words * +

urvoice1 20.04.14 - 10:21pm
I believe in a spirit world, but not a creator. I'm more than happy to believe my ancestors did too. * +

kimjongl 20.04.14 - 10:34pm

@ iilmadme - 20.04.14 - 03:06pm
i believe we are naturally predisposed towards religion,too.or it wouldnt have happened

I think it comes from a collective sense of self importance, perhaps even from caveman times, when we've always seen our species as the masters of our world, something worthy of being created for a purpose. * +

s.mcclel 20.04.14 - 10:35pm
Religion possibly was created by very wise and rich respected men/woman in a bid to bring together different human settlements under the one belief system.Maybe also an attempt at controlling the masses but that's a totally different subject all together....or is it? * +

kimjongl 20.04.14 - 11:03pm
Yes, I think death has a lot to do with it as well. * +

newt182 20.04.14 - 11:55pm
Well imagine being in a time where people knew very little about the world and how it works, things like lightning, earthquakes and floods etc... Then death and people dying in mysterious ways. All these things that were unexplained. It is human nature to question things, that is what separates us from chimps, chimps can learn but do not question. So I think with all these things that we desperately wanted to know about, we invented possible explanations that developed into believing in gods and thus creating religion(s).

Now that we know a lot more about the world, it is making religion redundant. The only people who still follow it have been brainwashed at some point or are uneducated and don't understand the basics of how the world works. * +

urvoice1 21.04.14 - 12:10am
Not sure if I fully agree with you newt. Reading some responses in here would suggest some believers are very educated, nor are they brainwashed. They take comfort in their religion. They question their holy book and don't take it at face value. Of course there is evidence here that some have been brainwashed, indoctrinated and are certainly uneducated. Simpletons beyond belief. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index