! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

READ IT BEFORE YOU MAKE AN ARGUMENT - Page 4/4

Subject: READ IT BEFORE YOU MAKE AN ARGUMENT
« <
cyberman 30.03.14 - 05:23pm

@ slatekev - 30.03.14 - 05:16pm
A good example of ad hominem this.

it was at propidol btw * +

9362 31.03.14 - 03:54pm
all this does is make the pw seem extremely pompous

* +

obsidian21 31.03.14 - 06:52pm
well i don't understand the concept for arguments as a fallacy. of course i would argue if someone fallacies at me but usually you have to defend yourself don't you * +

slatekev 4.04.14 - 06:21pm
It depends why you are defending yourself. Is it because you have a sound logical argument to share or for emotional reasons(i need to be right etc.).an argumentative fallacy is concerned with who's right not what's right.A logical fallacy means the abuse of logic to persuade,it's part of rhetoric,perfected by the ancient greeks as a political tool. The example of ad hominem that I jested cyberman with is a good example. An argument should stand on it's own merit and contained information,wether the argument is made by me,dgsn or even ben20(like that's gonna happen haha). Rhetoric is for undermining an opponents argument,but,it is ultimately not valid as credible argument. * +

cyberman 7.04.14 - 10:17am
i think the people on here are mostly ignored out in the world so having a rant makes them feel special anyway be it religion disbelief evolution or wt eva u want to believe the concept is the same unity amongst men and the only way 2 get yht is 4 ppl 2 get rid of there ignorance start learning rather then yapping *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index