! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Biblical Exposition - Page 3/12

Subject: Biblical Exposition
« <> »
xfrankie 26.08.17 - 06:24pm
For where two or three are gathered in My Name, there I am amongst them Matt. 18:20?

Its nearly part of every prayer meeting right as an assurance that the Lord is present right there in our midst.

Or that where two or three agree on something in prayer, and ask God for it, its is approved

Suffice to say its misuse of a verse. God is OMNIPRESENT, Every Present Every where, All the Time, secondly the restriction is two or three witnesses, what about four or five, further God says in John anything you ask in My Name, 1 John 5:14-15, no need to be two or three

The Context in Matthew begins with an errant believer, and the role of the church in bringing such to correction, in essence CHURCH DISCIPLINE.

A brother that sins against you, first go to him and try to work it out.

If that fails, bring one or two witnesses to try resolve the tension. (hence including you, that would make TWO or THREE witnessess) a pararell of legal proceedings found in OT Deu 19:15

If that fails, he is brought before the Church, for correction, if that fails, he is to be thrown out of the Church,

So where 2 or 3 are gathered in agreement, what agreement? disciplining an errant brother, ...there I am with you...

Meaning, I agree with you, its My approval as well, it is the Approval of God in respect to the decision reached with respect to that the matter of the sinning brother * +

xfrankie 31.08.17 - 11:25am
Creation? 6 days or 13 Billion years?

Dr. Jason Lisle, astrophysicist, calls it the most attacked book of Bible, The Book of Genesis, and rightly so.

man's ideologies, (yes including the distortion of evolution) serve one singular purpose, puts itself up against the Word of God to draw man away from His Creator.

Astrophysics/Science estimates the universe to be about 13 Billion years old, along with Evolutionary Biology, a whole bunch of other stuff, have persuaded many christians into twisting Written Truth in order to accommodate a worldly view, thereby corrupting the original message

Its called the Gap Principle, that somewhere between Gen 1:1 and 1:2, is inserted 13 billion years, to account for what many presume to be 100 scientific fact.

I ponder that's where the problem is, since most of science can be factually irrefutable, (1+1 = 2), then.surely ALL OF IT must be.

A misleading presumption, because whereas most can be factual, not all is. Distance of Light, Methods of dating fossils, all theories used to determine age of earth are mere conventions, theories abstractly developed to sustain a principle, since obtaining evidence is incomplete or impractical hence departing from the norm of scientific procedure is adopted.

Thus the door swings both ways here, that is, to support a young earth theory as well as an old one, depending on which convention one subscribes to.

For now what does the Bible say, in and of itself, a starting point because its what matters most,

Genesis Chapter 1:5-22 unequivocally declares a 7 day Creation, in more ways than can escape glaringly description. (yes, making the Universe 6000 years Old)

Creation days are clearly described as a 24hr day, First, each is day is described as day, meaning day in its ordinary usage, its corroborated by the subsequent phrase And then there was evening...and then there was morning

A phrase stressed on each day of creation, as if to say, * +

xfrankie 31.08.17 - 11:26am
phrase stressed on each day of creation, as if to say, people I'm very serious, one day.

He further states the Importance of 6 days for Creation in Exodus 20:9-11, as a working model for Man, and on the 7th day rest.

This wasn't an arbitrary determination by God, as such we ought not to comprise. As Christians, we're called the light of the world, salt of the earth, thus by design, we're to stick out. Man's perception scarcely coincides with God's, but the beauty of His Word, the Nature of Truth its inevitably Irrefutable, and science plays catch up. * +

obi_jon 3.09.17 - 02:17pm
Hermeneutics, basically the pseudoscience of semantic bible interpretation allowing people to say it means whatever they need it to mean, about anything, in order to reject any criticism of their precious holy book. * +

quiller 3.09.17 - 02:34pm

@ xfrankie - 31.08.17 - 11:25am
Creation? 6 days or 13 Billion years?

Dr. Jason Lisle, astrophysicist, calls it the most attacked book of Bible, The Book of Genesis, and rightly so.

man's ideologies, (yes including the distortion of evolution) serve one singular purpose, puts itself up against the Word of God to draw man away from His Creator.

Astrophysics/Science estimates the universe to be about 13 Billion years old, along with Evolutionary Biology, a whole bunch of other stuff, have persuaded many christians into twisting Written Truth in order to accommodate a worldly view, thereby corrupting the original message

Its called the Gap Principle, that somewhere between Gen 1:1 and 1:2, is inserted 13 billion years, to account for what many presume to be 100 scientific fact.

I ponder that's where the problem is, since most of science can be factually irrefutable, (1+1 = 2), then.surely ALL OF IT must be.

A misleading presumption, because whereas most can be factual, not all is. Distance of Light, Methods of dating fossils, all theories used to determine age of earth are mere conventions, theories abstractly developed to sustain a principle, since obtaining evidence is incomplete or impractical hence departing from the norm of scientific procedure is adopted.

Thus the door swings both ways here, that is, to support a young earth theory as well as an old one, depending on which convention one subscribes to.

For now what does the Bible say, in and of itself, a starting point because its what matters most,

Genesis Chapter 1:5-22 unequivocally declares a 7 day Creation, in more ways than can escape glaringly description. (yes, making the Universe 6000 years Old)

Creation days are clearly described as a 24hr day, First, each is day is described as day, meaning day in its ordinary usage, its corroborated by the subsequent phrase And then there was evening...and then there was morning

A phrase stressed on each day of creation, as if to say,

7 literal days? 168 hours? 10080 minutes? A grand total of 604800 seconds, in which heaven, earth, and everything, were created? You rally think that?! * +

xfrankie 3.09.17 - 08:24pm

@ obi_jon - 3.09.17 - 02:17pm
Hermeneutics, basically the pseudoscience of semantic bible interpretation allowing people to say it means whatever they need it to mean, about anything, in order to reject any criticism of their precious holy book.

not that i don't want to engage, but eventually this descends into very unconstructive rants, i'd rather be spared that, we all have little time, best to reserve it for what we value.

Hermeneutics, though commonly applied to Scripture, is an
academic discpline much like any other, in respect to languages and meaning including ancient texts,
if you'd read alot more, or anything you'd know its pretty much the only way the Bible can be constructively criticised, both parties using logical principles and rational reasoning to come at an informed opinion * +

xfrankie 3.09.17 - 08:27pm

@ quiller - 3.09.17 - 02:34pm
7 literal days? 168 hours? 10080 minutes? A grand total of 604800 seconds, in which heaven, earth, and everything, were created? You rally think that?!

yes, its called a miraculous event for a reason, precisely coz it defies, natural laws * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-12
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index