! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

any buddhists here yet? - Page 3/9

Subject: any buddhists here yet?
« <> »
0gypsy0 6.03.15 - 01:16pm
I'm interrupting u ppl eh? Anyway, ''I think'' that there must be something in us ,in our being, that critically and consciously establishes and maintains (include/exclude) intelligible relations to the world,something that goes beyond the thing that has just a corrective/protective function. * +

ogdenz 6.03.15 - 01:16pm

@ fiftyshadesofgreat - 6.03.15 - 12:19pm
Yeah, says the thinker lol.gif we are the thinkers. Without us there wouldn't have been a Buddha and Buddhism.

So we and the thinker are different? The personality is real and fixed? * +

ogdenz 6.03.15 - 01:19pm

@ 0gypsy0 - 6.03.15 - 01:16pm
I'm interrupting u ppl eh? Anyway, ''I think'' that there must be something in us ,in our being, that critically and consciously establishes and maintains (include/exclude) intelligible relations to the world,something that goes beyond the thing that has just a corrective/protective function.

The something within us..a soul? A fixed personality? Something eternal and intrinsic that survives death? ..or even continues,survives from moment to moment? * +

0gypsy0 6.03.15 - 01:21pm
I'm not responsible for my mental constructions of reality ? * +

0gypsy0 6.03.15 - 01:23pm

@ ogdenz - 6.03.15 - 01:19pm
The something within us..a soul? A fixed personality? Something eternal and intrinsic that survives death? ..or even continues,survives from moment to moment?

I don't know if it survives death , or it's eternal,I don't know that yet . * +

ogdenz 6.03.15 - 01:27pm
Your surroundings,previous experiences,and numerous other interactions all contribute to your experiences and mental constructs...I have to use the word ''Your'' when giving an opinion for the sake of communication...that doesn't mean I say their is a ''You'' existing inherently. * +

ogdenz 6.03.15 - 01:29pm

@ 0gypsy0 - 6.03.15 - 01:23pm
I don't know if it survives death , or it's eternal,I don't know that yet .

Does this ''I'' even survive moment to moment? * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-9
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum