! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Interfaith dialogue - Page 3/20

Subject: Interfaith dialogue
« <> »
kimiyah 22.07.14 - 11:14am
Islam: fasting in the month of Ramadhan is obligatory for Muslims and God has prescribed it for us in His Book. Most understand Islamic fasting to be refraining from food and drink consumption from dawn till dusk..... understanding the reward and the motivation behind it all is far more detrimental in a Muslim's dedication and discipline as they observe the holy month of ramadhan The Reward for Fasting in Islam is Immense. Muslims believe Fasting is a Shield Against the Fire, is a Means for One's Sins to be Forgiven, that The Supplication of the Fasting Person is Answered, fasting is an Expiation for Various Sins,The Fasting Person Will Be Among the True Followers of the Prophets and the Martyrs and Fasting is a Shield Against One's Base Desires. O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you, as it was prescribed for those who came before you; that you will perhaps be God-fearing. [Al-Qur'an 2:183]
plz feel free to elaborate, I'm sure I've left lots out, as I am also here to Learn:) * +

smohamed 22.07.14 - 11:17am
Jazak Allah Kimiyah i think that is decisive enough.. now maybe we can ponder on this we know that Islam is universal and mentions prophets in the thousands... so with this in mind what other religions practice the fast or have traditions of similar attributes? * +

smohamed 22.07.14 - 11:18am
what about hinduism, bhuddism etc etc. * +

kimiyah 22.07.14 - 11:22am
I have a profound respect and admiration for all religions and beliefs,as I originate from a long lineage of mixed race and religion myself and am proud of each chromosome:) this is bound to be a highly informative forum, Sawab E jariah smohammed, nice effort indeed. * +

0gypsy0 22.07.14 - 11:25am
Welcome to RnB@kimiyah * +

smohamed 22.07.14 - 11:29am
Shukran Kimiyah..... the only way this will be beneficiall is if people contribute... * +

smohamed 22.07.14 - 11:30am
brb.. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-20
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark