! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

UK is a christian country - Page 3/14

Subject: UK is a christian country
« <> »
airwalkr 22.04.14 - 12:46am
Can a country truly be considered a Christian country? What would that actually look like? Would there be courts? In order for any country to be considered Christian wouldn't they have to impose the mandated fruits of Christianity? How could you even enforce that? How could you justify enforcing that? * +

urvoice1 22.04.14 - 12:51am
I think he believes it has evolved on Christian values. Has a rich christian heritage. I have no problem with that. Athiests aren't persecuted, we are an inclusive country, the law is a single tier, one law for all (unless you want to take it to a lower, back street court) * +

airwalkr 22.04.14 - 12:57am
Yet Christ said that if someone sues you for your coat then give him your cloak also Matt 5:40... I actually wonder if anyone has really considered what a true Biblically accurate Christian nation would look like... * +

ogdenz 22.04.14 - 02:14am

@ mandain - 22.04.14 - 12:02am
It might be just a label but do you identify your self as a Christian? As in what do you fill out on those census forms?

No I don't identify myself as a christian.I have never filled in a census form or declared myself a christian on paper. * +

kristy59 22.04.14 - 09:42am
When Elizabeth 1 came to the throne she said there was one religion ... The Church of England, you either followed it or left the country, but there again when Mary was queen she was a catholic and ruled that the country be a catholic faith and beheaded anyone who wasnt hence got the title blood mary. One MP last night said, cameron was wrong to say that as we were a non religous country now and tbh, he was right sad * +

cyberman 22.04.14 - 09:46am
i dont care im still living here... * +

kimjongl 22.04.14 - 10:36am
I don't think it was wise for the prime minister to automatically equate good morals with christianity or religion in general. I think it was worse of him to encourage evangelism. Fortunately, from what I've seen, the UK is mainly non religious so I don't think his comments will be taken too seriously, like they would for example in the US. * +

« <> »

This topic is locked!

+ go to page 1-14
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search