! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

The cult of Islam - Page 3/38

Subject: The cult of Islam
« <> »
urvoice1 21.04.14 - 07:19pm
the punishment to be death, according to some interpretations. * +

urvoice1 21.04.14 - 07:20pm
3. Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s) Prayers five times a day? Fasting for a month? Madrassas where young children are encouraged to do nothing but learn the Qur'an off by heart by means of repetitive chanting, even when they have little or no idea what it is they are repeating? I think we can call these mind-altering * +

urvoice1 21.04.14 - 07:20pm
mind-altering practices * +

urvoice1 21.04.14 - 07:21pm
4. The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth). * +

urvoice1 21.04.14 - 07:21pm
How many times have we been told that Islam is a way of life? What other religion dictates the minutiae of the behaviour of its followers to such mind-numbing level as Islam? Here is a link to an Islamic QA site where Muslims can ask an Imman for a ruling (fatwah) on any number of personal things. As an example, there are eight fatwahs on the etiquette of sneezing... (I kid you not) * +

urvoice1 21.04.14 - 07:23pm
And there the article ends. So on the first four points, islam certainly behaves like a cult, what about the other points ? * +

urvoice1 21.04.14 - 07:24pm
5. The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity) 6. The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.... * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-38
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index