! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Buddhism. - Page 24/27

Subject: Buddhism.
« <> »
manszar 29.08.16 - 11:11am

@ ogdenz - 29.08.16 - 12:33am
You are assuming the universe is eternal. It isn't. No state is eternal.Also the ''i'' is dependent upon many things,not just memory otherwise amnesiacs would have no sense of ''i''.

im curious, what would a amnesiac say if you asked them who they were? * +

ogdenz 29.08.16 - 11:56am

@ manszar - 29.08.16 - 11:07am
no im assuming the memory is eternal, something you cant say is not, as you have no idea if it is or not. the question never implied that i had to list all what i thought the 'i' depended on, i only showed that i believed it was dependent and listed what i thought the most important was.

So something eternal ''the i'',memory'' can exist in something temporary (the universe) ? Also I know memory is temporary as all things that have a starting point have an ending point. I never asked you to list all the things the ''i'' is dependent upon. * +

ogdenz 29.08.16 - 11:57am

@ manszar - 29.08.16 - 11:11am
im curious, what would a amnesiac say if you asked them who they were?

I guess an amnesiac would say ''i am me''. * +

manszar 29.08.16 - 11:42pm
So they would know the meaning of the words, i am me. Indicating memory. * +

manszar 29.08.16 - 11:53pm

@ ogdenz - 29.08.16 - 11:56am
So something eternal ''the i'',memory'' can exist in something temporary (the universe) ? Also I know memory is temporary as all things that have a starting point have an ending point. I never asked you to list all the things the ''i'' is dependent upon.

i dont know if the universe is temporary. What we see is stars that are born and die to create new stars. A universe that dies can also just give way for a new to be born. From the remnants of the old. Maintaining memory. * +

ogdenz 30.08.16 - 12:16am

@ manszar - 29.08.16 - 11:42pm
So they would know the meaning of the words, i am me. Indicating memory.

If they remembered how to speak yes. * +

ogdenz 30.08.16 - 12:19am

@ manszar - 29.08.16 - 11:53pm
i dont know if the universe is temporary. What we see is stars that are born and die to create new stars. A universe that dies can also just give way for a new to be born. From the remnants of the old. Maintaining memory.

A star dying and the gas clouds that creates reforming billions of years later does not indicate the universe has memory. It's just the laws of physics.Maybe entropy goes full circle? Who knows? * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-27
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index