! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Reincarnation. - Page 2/5

Subject: Reincarnation.
« <> »
irnbrux 21.01.16 - 08:05am

@ obi_jon - 20.01.16 - 02:07pm
It's a good question. I'm not Hindu(or Buddhist) but I would imagine they will explain this discrepancy in numbers by saying that other animals and insects can be reincarnated as humans, in much the same way that they believe humans who have committed heinous acts will be reincarnated as dung beetles or worms and such like.dontknow.gif

Including sea life. * +

obi_jon 21.01.16 - 09:12am

@ ogdenz - 21.01.16 - 04:13am
Hinduism teaches reincarnation,Buddhism does not.

They kind of do, especially in Tibetan buddhism. The Buddhist belief in 'rebirth' is based on the Hindu belief in 'reincarnation'.
[link]http://www.dalailama.com/messages/statement-of-his-holiness-the-fourteenth-dalai-lama-tenzin-gyatso-on-the-issue-of-his-reincarnation[/link] * +

ogdenz 21.01.16 - 10:10am
You are partly correct Obi,Hinduism does teach reincarnation,sometimes the Dalai Lama uses the word reincarnation for the western mind to understand. However nowhere in the Buddhas teachings (The Pali Canon) did he teach of the transmigration of any permanant entity from one life to the next,indeed not even from one moment to the next does anything remain unchanging. * +

shadow27 21.01.16 - 01:22pm
who says it is only lifeforms on earth that are involved in the cycle? * +

obi_jon 21.01.16 - 03:16pm
According to the teachings of the flying spaghetti monster(sauce be upon him), there is no reincarnationnono.gif but there is an afterlife where deceased pastafari drink copiously from the beer volcano and ogle the products of the stripper factory to their hearts content, for ever and ever, ramen.pray.gif * +

bambi99 21.01.16 - 11:43pm
* +

bambi99 21.01.16 - 11:46pm
....and this . * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page