! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

The right church? - Page 2/5

Subject: The right church?
« <> »
dbh 13.01.16 - 05:11am
In your search, pray for guidance of the Holy Spirit. Because all have sinned and fallen short of His glory, do not look at the people in the church. Look at what they teach, find out from them, esp their manuals, why they do it, and prove if its in harmony with the Bible * +

xfrankie 13.01.16 - 07:01am

@ kayvinn - 12.01.16 - 06:50pm
I just came to a realisation that I was born into the 'wrong' church.I have now matured spiritually hence I do not want to follow things blindly.Anyone has an idea on the true church that fully teaches the bible.not reformed nor liberal but CONSERVATIVE

that's good, don't follow blindly, Of Faith, the Word teaches is born out of knowledge and understanding. As for the right church, i'm convinced it begins with the right approach to interpreting or reading the Word, whether it be subjective or objective, (objective here meaning standards and rules applied universally across ANY OTHER ancient text or book to draw meaning and truth OUT) subjective meaning what the persons feels, or believes the text or book means to them to draw or insert meaning. Objective has proven to be consistent, academically credible and unbaised, * +

kayvinn 13.01.16 - 07:21am

@ dbh - 13.01.16 - 05:11am
In your search, pray for guidance of the Holy Spirit. Because all have sinned and fallen short of His glory, do not look at the people in the church. Look at what they teach, find out from them, esp their manuals, why they do it, and prove if its in harmony with the Bible

Indeed that's a good advice.Thanks for sharing. * +

kayvinn 13.01.16 - 07:27am

@ xfrankie - 13.01.16 - 07:01am
that's good, don't follow blindly, Of Faith, the Word teaches is born out of knowledge and understanding. As for the right church, i'm convinced it begins with the right approach to interpreting or reading the Word, whether it be subjective or objective, (objective here meaning standards and rules applied universally across ANY OTHER ancient text or book to draw meaning and truth OUT) subjective meaning what the persons feels, or believes the text or book means to them to draw or insert meaning. Objective has proven to be consistent, academically credible and unbaised,

Thank you and I truly appreciate all of you for your replies. God bless you. * +

irnbrux 13.01.16 - 03:46pm
God is everywhere remember? Being true to a house of bricks means nothing. Being true to yourself and your god however is completely different. * +

irnbrux 13.01.16 - 03:49pm
No matter what church I went to. Protestant or Catholic. .. I always managed to sit behind the wee old ladies who russle about with their wee mint sweeties... used to annoy the living daylights out of me. * +

kayvinn 13.01.16 - 05:06pm

@ irnbrux - 13.01.16 - 03:46pm
God is everywhere remember? Being true to a house of bricks means nothing. Being true to yourself and your god however is completely different.

That reminds me.Must a Christian be affiliated to a particular church or we can still be close to God through praying and believing without necessarily stepping into the 'physical' church? * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index