! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

WHY PRIEST DONT MARRY? - Page 2/4

Subject: WHY PRIEST DONT MARRY?
« <> »
mr.i.am 23.08.15 - 04:30pm

@ coldly - 23.08.15 - 03:14am
The reason is because John the babtist stayed celibate so did Jesus. Jesus said to not get married and instead search for the kingdom of heaven. For the ones who lose everything and instead search for me shall have eternal life in the kingdom of heaven. Jup,that's about sums it up. Basically giving up your craving for sucking on a ti.t or watching baseball and instead retreat to a area where you can search for him and ultimately inherit the kingdom of heaven.

Facepalm * +

ugandan 24.08.15 - 01:09pm
I hear rumour that ancent POPE of longtym married * +

coldly 24.08.15 - 05:38pm
Buddha did the same thing. He gave up being a prince. He left everything. His kingdom,his wife ,his son and all the money in the world to search for inner peace. The same do everyone who seeks enlightenment. Jesus said that heaven is within you and to know yourself. That's why he retreated to the mountain and meditated for I think 40 days. He was tempted by the devil which is Jesus himself. It was his physical needs. Just like Buddha was tested and tempted by the demon king samara. Its your own needs for sex,food and imagination of Miley Cyrus in a sexy bending over pose. To reach heaven or whatever you want to call it is to completely let go of the devil...the beast. Which is you and your craving for physical pleasure. Your fear of tomorrow. Your love for money and woman and so on. If you look for heaven in the sky or within you it doesn't matter. You can not get there as long as you crave and need. Desire is the cause of suffering. Can you let that go? Few can so few will inherit the kingdom of heaven. Like Jesus said...theres a better chance for a camel to go through the head of a needle than a rich man ever entering the kingdom of heaven. That's about it. * +

maleficent 25.08.15 - 04:43pm
Some do.. * +

nukeme 26.08.15 - 02:52pm
I'm giving up everything so I can reach enlightenment. Anyone want my belongings? * +

propidol 26.08.15 - 02:53pm
No it doesn't. * +

propidol 26.08.15 - 02:59pm
Maybe them not marrying is a throwback to when they used to control prostitution districts. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index