! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

A Question - Page 2/9

Subject: A Question
« <> »
xfrankie 20.04.15 - 09:11am
'based entirely in science'.. BUT.. 'as of now no one really knows'.....this has been really helpful, thanks * +

funphy 20.04.15 - 09:26am
You asked a question that has been debate by people far more intelligent than us for many many years. It's impossible to give a difinative answer as there isn't one. Sorry if the answer didn't help. But it's the answer regardless. * +

propidol 20.04.15 - 09:36am
Morality and values are contrivances of religion. Religions that have formed the history and foundations of our societies. So the concept of right and wrong has always been there in concept although the values of application are less than constant. Just saying. * +

funphy 20.04.15 - 09:59am
Cultural anthropologists have long recognized how all human societies have similar basic norms of moral conduct. Marc Hauser, professor of evolutionary biology at Harvard University, has just published a paper about additional studies showing that peoples moral intuitions do not vary much across different religions all around the world. From an evolutionary perspective, that means that human morality is very old -- old enough to pre-date any religion that exists today. Furthermore, basic morality is highly resistant to religious influence -- most people easily reject religious rules that violate their basic moral intuitions. Rather, religions all tend to confirm and support human morality, because that essential morality sustains our schemes of social cooperation.

Copied an pasted.. Can't be arsed to type. * +

xfrankie 20.04.15 - 11:09am

@ funphy - 20.04.15 - 09:26am
You asked a question that has been debate by people far more intelligent than us for many many years. It's impossible to give a difinative answer as there isn't one. Sorry if the answer didn't help. But it's the answer regardless.

the only ppl who have difficulty with the concept of right/wrong origins are the ones that think science, has the answer to all the complexities, it has to be logical, observable, quantified, measured, replicated, blah blah an entire history of supposedly the world's smartest mind can't figure out the most important thing about humanity, * +

funphy 20.04.15 - 11:32am
I don't think science offers all of the answers by any means but on this occasion it's a science based question. I'm guessing you're probably a creationist? * +

xfrankie 20.04.15 - 12:00pm
i'm Christian, and yes creationist too, guessin ur evolutionist...when y'al get an answer in this lifetime or on another planet..(watched prometheus, terrible movie) let me know, * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-9
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index