! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

slavery in bible - Page 2/22

Subject: slavery in bible
« <> »
bozzalad 29.09.14 - 03:21pm
or you choose to read what's not wrote n ignore what is * +

jef87 29.09.14 - 04:48pm
Cherry picking * +

jef87 29.09.14 - 05:01pm

@ ladibud - 29.09.14 - 01:15pm
The Bible was written by man for man, it suited man to have slaves so wrote it so that God condoned it.

It suited man to have slaves? As if ur tryn to say slave arent humans. * +

alvar89 29.09.14 - 05:27pm
Today the slaves are called workers and have a bit better treatment atleast an illusion of it. Back then before the Word was even written slavery was part of this world system made by man. The bible just happens to mention it and coop with it being a part of the system of this world again which by the bible isnt a pleasant paradise to start with but a place of sin and death. Cursed ground under Adams feet. * +

alvar89 29.09.14 - 05:43pm
By cherry picking you mean when we are to post a verse we dont have the right to choose whats suited for the occasion? Or do i have to post the harsh laws made for the jews on a very old and rough shaped human society to a modern case were i am for example trying to cheer someones mood etc? The harsh laws were needed for the better cause just like we know dont jump of a cliff it will kill you same went with adultery without an oppurtunity for grace. It was meant to stop ppl doing it not just to torture them. As we all read out the jews of the old times were very thick headed and a very hard to rule over. And for the end there was them agreeing of following the law meant for them to be an example. * +

bozzalad 29.09.14 - 05:58pm
lol * +

bozzalad 29.09.14 - 06:02pm
Ephesians 6:5-8 (NASB): 5Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ; 6not by way of eyeservice, as men-pleasers, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. 7With good will render service, as to the Lord, and not to men, 8knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-22
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index