! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Awkward Moments.. - Page 2/7

Subject: Awkward Moments..
« <> »
suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:06pm
When asked about the online controversy that some of the illustrations have caused, he adds, ''It is no surprise that some readers are shocked to see what the Bible really says about the Great Flood, Jesus anger issues, birth control, slavery or womens rights. But, dont blame us - its in the Bible! We just paint the pictures to go with the scripture. It is up to readers to interpret the content and context for themselves.'' * +

suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:06pm
Awkward Moments doesnt only address issues of the ancient past. The book paints a clear picture of how the Bible continues to influence modern culture today - referencing the work of famous (and infamous) modern Christians like Pat Robertson, Ken Ham, and Fred Phelps. Using examples of changed, added, or deleted passages of scripture that have acted as the basis for many traditions and laws, * +

suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:07pm
Awkward Moments also makes a stunning case for the importance of Biblical literacy in modern society. Illustrator Agnes Tickheathen remarks, ''I dont have any trouble with people believing in Noahs Ark. What I have a problem with is that most people completely gloss over the fact that this wasnt just the backdrop for a colorful story of adventure and perseverance * +

suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:07pm
It is a gruesome story of God, our Father, having a mighty temper tantrum that led to the mass slaughter of his own creation - worldwide. The same God who would come to earth in the form of his Son? How do we reconcile these differences? These are the questions that I am fascinated by.'' * +

suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:08pm
BACKGROUND INFORMATION - HORUS GILGAMESH was raised Catholic before being 'born again' in college when he began following a calling toward full-time ministry. Early on, his efforts were focused on youth evangelism and Biblical literacy around the world. When he was on a missions trip to Africa, a fearless young boy approached, pleading, ''Chakula? Maji?'' - the Swahili words for food and water. Unfortunately, Horus had no food or water to offer the poor child, only Bibles. * +

suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:09pm
A few days later, Horus met a humanitarian relief worker from Spain who shared five simple words of wisdom that would change his life forever ''Empty stomachs have no ears.'' Horus realized that he was not meeting the very real needs of the people he was hoping to help, he was struggling to find a purpose in his own life, as a self righteous servant of his Creator. * +

suvetar 19.09.14 - 06:09pm
To many Christians, the most important gift you could ever give to a man is a chance at eternal life through the Gospel of Jesus Christ - the Living Water. But what about this life? There are billions who would give anything for a drink of regular old H2O. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index