! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Do u believe in personal encounter wit God - Page 2/10

Subject: Do u believe in personal encounter wit God
« <> »
phlamex 16.09.14 - 08:00pm
so u re sayin u dnt beliv * +

alvar89 17.09.14 - 09:06am

@ ladibud - 16.09.14 - 06:44am
I think the Bible contradicts itself on these points.... They saw Him, yet another part of the Bible says no man sees God nd lives.

There are no contradictions in the bible. Only parts taken out of context and its meaning in the bigger picture. God can be seen without seeing YHWH face to face. Also there are 3 members in the trinity.
Exodus 33:20--But He [God] said, You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live! Ppl saw Him thru the acts of His Son for example not needing to see Him face to face.
John 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father '?
God can speak face to face with men, but not while in all His glory; otherwise, sinful man would die.
The Father is invisible to us as a person but Yeshua is not. By Him all things have come to be.
John 1:3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
I could go into verses of Yeshua appearing before His birth as our Saviour Jesus of Nazareth in the OT but i dont have much time to post those right now some other time. * +

alvar89 17.09.14 - 09:07am
Heres YHWH not showing His face.
Exodus 33:21 Then the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock; 22and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. 23Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen.
Again not showing His face:
Deuteronomy 31:15 The LORD appeared in the tent in a pillar of cloud, and the pillar of cloud stood at the doorway of the tent.
Heres the main verse what is used to contradict but is not literal since most of us know Jacob didnt wrestle with YHWH Himself rather someone from Him. Genesis 32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
* +

alvar89 17.09.14 - 09:09am
One way of seeing God is by looking at a persons life changed by Him not again looking for a grey bearded man on the clouds which Hes is clearly not. Making YHWH a little man shaped figure is not biblical. * +

ladibud 17.09.14 - 10:44am
there are contradictions. a contradiction by any name would smell as sweet. * +

valatine 17.09.14 - 09:15pm
sounds more like an alien. You have to admit of we evolved it's got to of happened on another planet * +

itstragik 19.09.14 - 01:57pm
proud if you want meet god may i sugest a length of rope and a high branch and not words on a book * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-10
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index