! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

funerals / burials - Page 2/10

Subject: funerals / burials
« <> »
nolisto1 2.05.14 - 11:30pm

@ tokage - 2.05.14 - 10:12pm
The point of this is, mournin the loss of a loved one, the burial of a loved one is not a religious concept at all. Animals do it, animals who have never heard of God or Allah, animals who were never taught to do this via any religious doctrine.

What? I don't know much about animals but you might be taking things too far. What's next, respect animals are in mourning? * +

nolisto1 2.05.14 - 11:31pm

@ urvoice1 - 2.05.14 - 11:03pm
The insight and intelligence of the elephant is particularly note-worthy in their ability to mourn their dead. This behaviour has only previously been noted in humans. In fact, recently deceased elephants will receive a burial ceremony, while those who are already reduced to a skeleton are still paid respect by passing herds. The burial ceremony is marked by deep rumblings while the dead body is touched and caressed by the herd members trunks.

Burial ceremony? The first step to the nightmare scenario described in the animal marriage topic. Start using human concepts to refer to animals. * +

nolisto1 2.05.14 - 11:33pm
I admit I'm speaking from ignorance but the language and terminology in here is getting creepy. * +

urvoice1 2.05.14 - 11:39pm

@ nolisto1 - 2.05.14 - 11:33pm
I admit I'm speaking from ignorance but the language and terminology in here is getting creepy.

....I admit I'm speaking from ignorance.... Nothing new there then

* +

dgsn 3.05.14 - 03:05am
Whales/Dolphins. Wolves. Well pretty much any semi intelligent social animal. It is a very a problem in zoos where a companion animal dies, bears, birds, otters and such. * +

dgsn 3.05.14 - 03:07am
Lion prides are very closely knit. Well the females anyway, they seem to care less about the male. In the new out with the old I suppose * +

purple 3.05.14 - 04:33am
Good topic Tokage :) * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-10
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark