! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Religious Atheists? - Page 2/8

Subject: Religious Atheists?
« <> »
kimjongl 15.04.14 - 08:55pm
Is it true change or is it simply one cult spinning off from another? * +

nolisto1 15.04.14 - 08:55pm
Anyways, I'm sure the postwriter meant something different from the words he used. I think he meant atheists, like deists believe in unproven things they take by faith. Believing in things like multi-verses, universes springing from nothing, life springing from nothing etc. Etc, all those things take faith. Anyways, I don't wish to debate it, I just wanted to clarify what the postwriter meant. * +

nolisto1 15.04.14 - 08:57pm

@ kimjongl - 15.04.14 - 08:55pm
Is it true change or is it simply one cult spinning off from another?

Ha ha, cult. You can call it cult, I'm just showing you that beliefs do change. Even mormonism sprang from Christianity. * +

kimjongl 15.04.14 - 09:27pm
That's a good example you've chosen. Do you honestly believe a fraudster who preached about magic underwear changed christianity? I think many christians would totally disregard that. * +

kimjongl 15.04.14 - 09:44pm
I think that the changing way that religion is marketed is far different from religion itself actually changing. And scientists are exploring the bizarre all the time and getting it peer tested, unless by bizarre you meant supernatural and magical. * +

newt182 15.04.14 - 11:50pm
You know it's a myth that people thought the earth was flat? * +

viva 16.04.14 - 04:53am
Theists believe in Creator, while Atheists don't. Both are belief system because they both can't provide proof. Science is different, however it's becoming more and more like belief system. Multiverse cannot be observed in the mean time because of human limitation and we always have that limitation. Atheists rely their belief on incomplete understanding of nature. Theists rely their belief on simple logic. Why do you think Creator exist? (fine tuning of dark energy?) Why do you think Creator doesn't exist? (multiverse? infinite possibilities?) If there's infinite possibilities then there's a possibility that Creator really exist?? * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-8
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index