! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Verdict on Suicide Attacks - Page 2/7

Subject: Verdict on Suicide Attacks
« <> »
vampboy 18.12.13 - 04:10pm
Nope, killing someone in self defence isn't a crime, from the defence of necessity to duress of threat or circumstances, assault or even killing is pardoned. Furthermore killing someone due to automatism or insanity that could result from hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia that is a condition in which either the blood sugar is too low or too high. Automatism results in complete acquittal, whilst innocence due to insanity can result in a period of stay in a psychiatric hospital, either way not a crime. Thank me for today's law lecture. * +

vampboy 18.12.13 - 04:22pm
To convict someone for murder, both the mens rea, which is the intention behind the act, and actus rea, the act itself, must be established first. If the mens rea is missing, it often leads to the defendant being convicted of involuntary man slaughter, that could stem from negligience or recklessness etc, and in some cases even complete acquittal may occur, such as due to temporary loss of self control that may arise from provocation. * +

urvoice1 18.12.13 - 06:11pm

@ 5tranger - 17.12.13 - 01:14pm
Suicide attacks are condemned by every sect in Islam, and declared doomed to hell, let alone the promise of 72 virgins. Havn't met a single one justifying this or even saying this as jihad. I just dont see, what version of Islam terrorists have pulled out, or whom they are following.

yet they do it on a regular basis, not confined to one continent, as I posted in another topic. * +

zeroload 18.12.13 - 08:05pm
It might not be justified by anyone but the extremists but , Islam as a whole should start to admit that the problem created by the extremist views is tainting the view that Islam is about peace. Like I said ignoring the problem will just cause more hatred and wont magically make it vanish. * +

vampboy 18.12.13 - 08:21pm
They do speak about it, and against it, and this is coming from someone who has spent a good deal of time in Pakistan. The issue is media tends to sell out stories far more appealing to the masses, and the negative ones usually always win. I remember when they made that Muhammad's movie, every single religious cleric on local pakistani TV news channel whilst condemning the movie, told everyone not to use violence by any means to protest, or to harm anyone, and renounced those that did. I will bet most people had no idea about that. Whilst there are sympathizers, there are plenty of those who speak out against extremism. * +

halo5 18.12.13 - 08:27pm

@ vampboy - 18.12.13 - 04:22pm
To convict someone for murder, both the mens rea, which is the intention behind the act, and actus rea, the act itself, must be established first. If the mens rea is missing, it often leads to the defendant being convicted of involuntary man slaughter, that could stem from negligience or recklessness etc, and in some cases even complete acquittal may occur, such as due to temporary loss of self control that may arise from provocation.

I see. Thanks for knowledgeable lecture. Self-defence can be excused but senseless killing is plain murder. * +

iceylips 18.12.13 - 08:28pm
Suicide bombs weren't just used by Muslim extremists... why do people forget that? just go back in history and you'll see more to suicide bombings. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-7
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index