! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Blasphemy in Islam - Page 2/30

Subject: Blasphemy in Islam
« <> »
vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:37am
Mirza Tahir Ahmad(ru) (1928-2003), the fourth Khalifa of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, writes in his book Islams Response to Contemporary Issues: ''Having studied the Holy Quran extensively and repeatedly with deep concentration, I have failed to find a single verse which declares blasphemy to be a crime punishable by man.'' there however is a major restriction of freedom of expression and that is on speech towards someones beliefs that may be hurtful. This is deemed to be immoral * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:38am
and this restriction also covers blasphemy under its umbrella. The Quran states: Allah likes not the uttering of unseemly speech in public, except on the part of one who is being wronged. (Ch.4:V.149) * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:41am
Even so the Quran discourages indecent behaviours and talks or hurting of the sensitivity of other without reason, It does not advocate the punishment of Blasphemy in this world nor vests such authority in anyone.... * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:43am
Muslims here must realize that There has been no prophet upon whom derogatory words were not used. The Quran proves that! ''Then We sent Our Messengers one after another. Every time there came to a people their Messenger, they treated him as a liar.'' (Ch.23:V.45) * +

cathar13 30.11.12 - 07:43am
So in a nutshell, it is Allah Himself who deals with blasphemies in this world and the next? * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:47am
Another verse '' Alas for My servants! There comes not a Messenger to them but they mock at him.'' (Ch.36:V.31) Quran also mentions that Blasphemous terms were used against Mary and Jesus the verse is ''For their disbelief and for their uttering against Mary a grievous calumny'' (Ch.4:V.157). * +

vampboy 30.11.12 - 07:49am
So despite the fact that Quran mentions that all prophets have been subjected to abuse and attack by others, there is no evidence anywhere in islam that they were ordered to be punished in anyway because of blasphemy. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-30
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index