! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

slavery in bible - Page 14/22

Subject: slavery in bible
« <> »
smohamed 3.10.14 - 03:56pm
now regarding the supposed hadiths and supposed traditional laws etc you quoted.. there is flaws...e.g. Sura 16:77 To Allah belongeth the Mystery of the heavens and the earth. And the Decision of the Hour (of Judgment) is as the twingkling of an eye, or even quicker: for Allah hath power over all things. * +

smohamed 3.10.14 - 04:00pm

@ bozzalad - 30.09.14 - 10:40pm
Muhammad had a number of black slaves. One of them was named 'Mahran'. Muhammad forced him to do more labor than the average man. Whenever Muhammad went on a trip and he, or his people, got tired of carrying their stuff, he made Mahran carry it. Mahran said Even if I were already carrying the load of 6 or 7 donkeys while we were on a journey, anyone who felt weak would throw his clothes or his shield or his sword on me so I would carry that, a heavy load. Tabari and Jawziyya both record

do you know who is Tabari and Jawziyya? * +

smohamed 3.10.14 - 04:04pm

@ bozzalad - 30.09.14 - 10:42pm
a) Muslim men were allowed to have sex anytime with females slaves - Sura 4:3, 4:29, 33:49. b) Slaves are as helpless before their masters as idols are before God - Sura 16:77 c) According to Islamic Tradition, people at the time of their capture were either to be killed, or enslaved. Shows you that they were at the bottom of the barrel to start with. d) According to Islamic jurisprudence, slaves were merchandise. The sales of slaves was in accordance

chapter 4:3 ...Marry women of your choice, Two or three or four; but if ye fear that ye shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one, or (a captive) that your right hands possess, that will be more suitable, to prevent you from doing injustice.4.4 And give the women (on marriage) their dower as a free gift; but if they, of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, Take it and enjoy it with right good cheer. * +

smohamed 3.10.14 - 04:05pm
do the above mean that we can have sex anytime with slaves? * +

smohamed 3.10.14 - 04:06pm
4:29 O ye who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves in vanities: But let there be amongst you Traffic and trade by mutual good-will: Nor kill (or destroy) yourselves: for verily Allah hath been to you Most Merciful!... * +

smohamed 3.10.14 - 04:08pm
33:49 O ye who believe! When ye marry believing women, and then divorce them before ye have touched them, no period of 'Iddat have ye to count in respect of them: so give them a present. And set them free in a handsome manner... Do you actually read what you quote??? anyways g2g * +

kimjongl 3.10.14 - 04:09pm
So in other words nothing actually against slavery. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-22
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark