! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Why - Page 13/17

Subject: Why
« <> »
manszar 22.05.15 - 11:18am

@ kimjongl - 22.05.15 - 11:07am
Our existence does not automatically show the possibility of god, not even remotely. That's just filling in the gaps of knowledge again.

Yes it does. And as that possibility exists it can not be said to be mental to believe it. lol.gifThe gap you keep mentioning is the possibility. * +

manszar 22.05.15 - 11:24am

@ kimjongl - 22.05.15 - 10:54am
Because there is zero evidence showing that god exists, ergo it is an irrational belief, ergo the possibility of mental disability in the act of willingly following an irrational belief.

Let me try and show you why your argument is mental. According to your argument darwin was mental to believe in evolution because there was no evidence at the time that it was true. It was mental to believe the earth circles around the sun before it was proved because there was no proof. Do you get how stupid that is. Im done * +

kimjongl 22.05.15 - 11:50am

@ manszar - 22.05.15 - 11:24am
Let me try and show you why your argument is mental. According to your argument darwin was mental to believe in evolution because there was no evidence at the time that it was true. It was mental to believe the earth circles around the sun before it was proved because there was no proof. Do you get how stupid that is. Im done

You're attempting to say that science puts the answer first and then tries to find the evidence. This is backwards and the way that religion operates.

Darwin investigated, conducted experiments, researched and came to a conclusion backed up by evidence. He didn't come up with a conclusion and then stubbornly believed in it without evidence.

If he did it would be right to call him mental, not because evolution is false, but because of his attitude in believing something without evidence. * +

dgsn 22.05.15 - 01:44pm

@ manszar - 11.05.15 - 12:12pm
so are children mentally ill for believing in Santa?

No. But adults should be. This entire discussion ends up here. * +

nolisto1 22.05.15 - 06:11pm

@ propidol - 21.05.15 - 07:51pm
The links and likenesses between mental illness and belief in God are well documented and quantified. The amount of information out there from study is really compelling.

Well, some of the most accomplished people in history believed in the Gods. I won't say God as most people who live today take monotheism for granted, so I have decided to refer to the Gods, because historically humans believed in many Gods. * +

dgsn 22.05.15 - 06:59pm
Makes no difference. It does not matter that Newton was a devout christian, wjhat mattered was his work. He could have believed oranges were green. It wouldnt matter. Infact Newton believed in all sorts of crazy stuff. Alchemy, Astrology, Tarot and anything else. * +

dgsn 22.05.15 - 07:02pm

@ manszar - 22.05.15 - 11:24am
Let me try and show you why your argument is mental. According to your argument darwin was mental to believe in evolution because there was no evidence at the time that it was true. It was mental to believe the earth circles around the sun before it was proved because there was no proof. Do you get how stupid that is. Im done

Darwins grandfather taught him about evolution. Chuck didnt come up with it, he refined it. Among biologists of the day evolution was more or less accepted. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-17
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index