! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

do you believe Jesus died on a cross - Page 11/11

Subject: do you believe Jesus died on a cross
« <
trunking 9.04.21 - 11:50am

@ miaiad - 26.01.21 - 07:55pm
Well done clap2.gif
Keep the wheal going in research... It is much better to be on the path towards truth than doing nothing (regardless where you reach eventually).
Repeat that 6-7th verses in al-Fatiha ((Guide us along the Straight Path, the Path of those You have blessednot those You are displeased with, or those who are astray))
Why another doctrine?
We may just need ask ourselves: Is the Quran words really come from Almighty Allah/God? If Yes, then the answers of what you need to know are already there in the Quran.
If No, then it brings us back to first point of research about Islam/Prophet/Quran.

Still know the Arabic by heart lol * +

trunking 9.04.21 - 11:50am
So what exactly does ''Alif, Lam, Mim'' mean? * +

trunking 9.04.21 - 11:51am
I know ''Bismillah ar-Rahman al-Rahim''
In the Name of Allah, Most gracious, Most Merciful

I can say the 'ghhh' sound as it's used in the few languages here. * +

miaiad 11.04.21 - 01:24pm

@ trunking - 9.04.21 - 11:50am
So what exactly does ''Alif, Lam, Mim'' mean?

This is really a good questions, even many Muslims have no/minimal idea about it.
Some Chapters in Quran stats with those isolated alphabetical letters, for example
(1) Alif, Laam, Meem.
(2) Alif, Laam, Raa.
(3) Kaaf, Haa, Yaa Aiin, Saad.
(4) Taa, Haa
(5) Haa, Meem.
etc..............................................
To save you time, looking at Tafsir books, many scholars have been researching the meaning of those letters since old ages.
Most agreed among scholars since old times are two possible interpretations
(1) Unknown meaning to us, that is only known to Almighty Allah.
(2) It is a way to present challenge to unbelievers. This opinion really makes sense. It is like following: Almighty Allah presents the building blocks of language (which is letters). Those building blocks are constructing this amazing Quran. Hence, the Quran challenge to all mankind is to bring some Chapters like those in Quran by giving them the tools/blocks they should use. Even most powerful poets in those ages till nowadays were using powerful language but still cannot even produce similar one verse like the Quran. This opinion makes sense because very often after such beginning of isolated letters, the next verse often talk about this Book/Quran being perfect or it is verily the words from Almighty Allah, that mankind will never produce a similar thing.
There are some modern ways in Tafsir trying to make some meanings of the counts of letters in that Chapter, and they claim to be at multiples that have some meanings (numerical methods). Well,I don't feel such thing is trustworthy because they often put the result/conclusion beforehand of the reason and work hard to get things working. *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index