! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Did Jesus of Nazareth ever actually exist? - Page 1/4

Subject: Did Jesus of Nazareth ever actually exist?
Replies: 28 Views: 2959
> »
alvar89 25.06.20 - 10:15am
Hello everyone.Make your case here and try to keep it civilised no name calling and other childish behaviour. Lets hope those who find it interesting learn something out of this. * +

alvar89 25.06.20 - 10:40am
I find that the books put together in the New Testament are the most compelling evidence of His existence. It is clear it contains thousands of manuscript copies of various letters of the apostles from different time frames. Also contains the 4 versions of the inspired gospels. They have the same consistency in more natural perspective.

There also are some outside of christian scriptures pointing to his existense. One of which is the Jewish thalmud that has a negative portrayal of Him. I believe that they had to mention him because ppl back then knew He was a real person there was alot of witnesses sharing there stories around. There motive was to shed a bad light on Him. That is the proof from his enemies.

Then there is a jewish historian Josephus.
The extant manuscripts of the book Antiquities of the Jews, written by the first-century Jewish historian Flavius Josephus around 9394 AD, contain two references to Jesus of Nazareth and one reference to John the Baptist.

The Roman historian and senator Tacitus referred to Christ, his execution by Pontius Pilate, and the existence of early Christians in Rome in his final work, Annals (written ca. AD 116), book 15, chapter 44.

And then there is alot of religious scriptures from believers from all time frames that are not tied into the biblical cannon. My argument for existence is that anyone at those times would of dismissed these writings to be false if he never existed especially the jewish religious authorities who were against Him. It would of been extremely hard to spread the word of Jesus if He never existed.

Another argument is the followers themselves. Is it really that easy to invent someobody and make everyone believe in Him without ppl from that region stepping out and overthrowing the claim? * +

alvar89 25.06.20 - 10:40am
Ofcourse we dont have any photograph or video clip as proof from that era but i believe the variety of letters and other documents are hefty enough as proof of His existence. If He really was a The Messiah, Son of God, a liar, a charlatan, a prophet or just a random carpenter is another debate on its own. This here is about the actual existense of the Man. * +

alvar89 25.06.20 - 10:50am
This forum eats away some of the text. Josephus wrote in 93 to 94 not 9394ad lol.gif * +

trunking 8.04.22 - 06:43pm
Repost.gif * +

ogdenz 9.04.22 - 05:44pm
Jesus is a fictional character. No actual evidence of him having been a real person exists. * +

crail 10.04.22 - 03:22am
I want to here about the Jesus toddler stage. You just don't hear about it dunno.gif * +

crail 10.04.22 - 03:23am
Bet he was a right entitled little sh*t growing up * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-4
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum