! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

He is a jealous God? - Page 1/2

Subject: He is a jealous God?
Replies: 8 Views: 969
> »
tazdevil 5.05.19 - 11:00pm
I don't completely understand this.

I've heard stories (within Islam and Christianity) that God doesn't want us idolizing other gods or materialistic things. It will not be forgiven. He wants us to love/worship him, and him alone. Too conceited? Also, there's a story about an angel getting kicked out of heaven for disobeying God. These seem to be really bad and harsher traits. How can God be so jealous and spiteful? Isn't he meant to be above such emotions? Isn't he meant to be merciful, forgiving, benevolent and accepting? How can he be 'if you don't worship and provide to me, then bad stuff will happen' kinda God?

Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone here. I had this thought today, and would like to know others thoughts on it. Discuss?! * +

tazdevil 5.05.19 - 11:00pm
Honestly, the above sounds like a huge burden on Muslims/Christians. I sometimes feel glad I was raised Hindu. You could worship a potato in Hinduism, and you'd still go to heaven as long as your deeds/actions are good. There is no God demanding that you 'believe in him, otherwise you'll go to hell' * +

crail 5.05.19 - 11:05pm
Hinduism sounds like the best religion. Any Hindus want to marry me? * +

tazdevil 6.05.19 - 12:00am
Def! I want my UK citizenship. * +

crail 6.05.19 - 03:23am
I'm up for that

praise mr potato head Beg.gif * +

crazedd 6.05.19 - 05:37pm
You had multiple gods in every civilization before monotheism. All the same gods and stories just different names for different tongues and places. The bible, torah and quran is all these gods put together as one or two, god and satan etc etc with angels and demons being the lesser gods. Hinduism has 3 main gods? For example with the greeks it was 3 brothers - zeus, poseidon and hades if you forget kronos. Probably doesnt answer your question I think it was to stamp out paganism so people follow the modern religions through indoctrination and fear * +

miaiad 7.05.19 - 03:34am
@ potato as god... short time ago, it has not existed. Short time ahead, it would disappear.
Simply, it is completely illogical and unreasonable for any creature to be worshipped God. The truly worshipped God is the only and one Creator of creatures (including potatoes and Human ) * +

crazedd 7.05.19 - 10:32am

@ miaiad - 7.05.19 - 03:34am
@ potato as god... short time ago, it has not existed. Short time ahead, it would disappear.
Simply, it is completely illogical and unreasonable for any creature to be worshipped God. The truly worshipped God is the only and one Creator of creatures (including potatoes and Human )

We got changed from primitive or highly evolved to what we are now. You can say the creator, the heavenly father, almighty...as I do but there was early humanoids long before us like neanderthal and cro magnom with many others. You also had possibly 6 other ages before us we know nothing of so its hard to point and say the creator of everything when it may just be the creator of us, homo-sapians * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search