! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Evil - Page 2/2

Subject: Evil
« <
bandalot 10.09.19 - 01:39pm
Evil besakes evil so on and so on * +

crimson 10.09.19 - 10:36pm

@ crimson - 3.05.19 - 05:02pm
Greek to me. I don't understand a word of it.

This, still. * +

slick_01 11.09.19 - 03:31am

@ mockingjay1182 - 30.04.19 - 03:33pm
Devil in the details, what's your interpretation of this? 'But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil' (Matt. 5:39)

My interpretation is fk you ! Pmpl.gif * +

manszar 12.09.19 - 04:46pm

@ ladibud - 2.05.19 - 07:58am
just means, to be, not to repay it with evil but to walk away. it doesn't mean being a push over tho and allowing yourself to be used and abused.

actually it kind of does mean that but it turns it around, you see if you do it willingly then you deny them the very act of being evil, it almost in a sense nullifies evil. and in not resisting will soften the evil and the consequences of the resistance of evil so to speak.

for example someone comes up to you and wants you shirt, and you say no, so he stabs you and takes your shirt, but if you give him your shirt and also offer him your jacket then in most cases that man may walk away a different person just from seeing such a act of kindness

You have heard that it was said, Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth. 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

it certainly does not guide you to walk away *

« <

Quick reply:

+ refresh
+ go to page 1-2
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum