! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Practicing Atheists - Page 4/10

Subject: Practicing Atheists
« <> »
0gypsy0 10.02.19 - 07:54pm
All of you who don't believe in Zeus, I just want you to know : ZEUS LOVES YOU!!! Accept Zeus in your heart! * +

crimson 12.02.19 - 06:32pm

@ 0gypsy0 - 2.02.19 - 07:36pm
And what does God and faith feel like to you all, in your heart, soul and bones? Is it a different kind of feeling compared to deriving peace and satisfaction from an enjoyable holiday or winning the lottery?

PS: comparing one's experience to another's can be a tricky endeavour though

Peace and satisfaction from things are different... I am at peace, because there is no struggle or conflict inside myself anymore. For years I tried to believe in the christian god, and felt guilty when I didn't, or couldn't. I thought that I had to, because that is what everyone around me told me. But as soon as I started to listen to my own heart, I found peace... I feel peace in my heart, soul and bones.

Satisfaction from things like material gain or enjoyable experiences, imo, leads to experiencing joy. Joy is a short-lived emotion, it passes eventually, usually sooner than later... I feel joy in my heart, but not in my soul and bones. * +

crimson 12.02.19 - 06:34pm
Now love, this is a big one for me. And I mean love in the sense of 'love thy neighbour'... When I was a teen, I read a quote. It was something along the lines of 'love is when you feel someone else's hunger in your own stomach.' It means that if you love others, you will feel their pain, in other words, empathise with them. I'm a big empath, and that might just be because of my personality type. I just can not cause harm to another being... I feel love (and pain) for others, deep in my heart, soul and bones.

Another big thing for me, is the sense of right and wrong. Rules and laws give us a general guideline from a young age, a basis to develop upon. There are no rules or laws that say we have to help a little old lady across a busy road, but we do it because it's the right thing to do. Just because I'm an atheist, doesn't mean that I am not a good person, I know what is wrong and right, according to society. And I also know what is wrong and right in my heart... And I feel this in my soul and bones as well. * +

crimson 12.02.19 - 06:36pm
So god and faith in him/her/it, is something that I do not feel. I do not feel that there is a higher power. I do not feel it watching over me or anyone else. I do not feel it protecting me. I do not feel that it cares for me or provides for me. I just do not feel it. At all. Ever.

But it's okay with me if other people do. I respect that.

I do not, however, respect parrots, sheep and hippopotamuses (hypocrites). I don't respect people preaching stuff when they don't know what they are talking about. I don't respect people who blindly follow and regurgitate everything they hear without thinking about it. And I don't respect those who believe 'just in case', that's not truly believing. But hippos are the worst, it drives me absolutely crazy when I hear known christians judge other people, and I find christians to be the most judgemental of all. Yet they love preaching that only god can judge, and to love thy neighbour. How can someone love others if they judge them? * +

fluked 7.03.19 - 06:07pm
. * +

sephiroth 7.03.19 - 07:34pm
Become Baha'i people. * +

ogdenz 14.03.19 - 01:47am
Don't the Baha'i nutters worship all the gods? * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-10
+ my page
+ functions
3 search