! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Practicing Atheists - Page 3/10

Subject: Practicing Atheists
« <> »
crimson 29.01.19 - 06:35am

@ ladibud - 8.01.19 - 11:19am
I still don't think it's a choice... it's something you feel.

you may chose to learn more, search more. and that either makes you believe more or lose what you believed. that's my take on it.

I can't help what I believe even when it goes against what do many others believe.or do t believe.

This. I agree with the feel thing... I was brought up as a christian, but I didn't FEEL it in my heart, in my bones, in my soul, therefore I cannot believe. And based on that, faith is not a choice. If someone says they ''choose'' to believe, but they don't feel it within, then they are lying to themselves. * +

ladibud 29.01.19 - 02:09pm

@ crimson - 29.01.19 - 06:35am
This. I agree with the feel thing... I was brought up as a christian, but I didn't FEEL it in my heart, in my bones, in my soul, therefore I cannot believe. And based on that, faith is not a choice. If someone says they ''choose'' to believe, but they don't feel it within, then they are lying to themselves.

This is how I see it too. * +

0gypsy0 2.02.19 - 07:36pm
And what does God and faith feel like to you all, in your heart, soul and bones? Is it a different kind of feeling compared to deriving peace and satisfaction from an enjoyable holiday or winning the lottery?

PS: comparing one's experience to another's can be a tricky endeavour though * +

0gypsy0 2.02.19 - 07:38pm

@ ogdenz - 8.01.19 - 06:16pm
I disagree. I first read about Buddhism over 30 years ago and I didn't believe a word of it. A few years later I looked at it again and a lot if it made sense to me. I believe a lot of what it says.

good.gif * +

0gypsy0 2.02.19 - 07:38pm

@ cosmic - 3.01.19 - 03:41am
It's better to live as a good person rather than what belief you have, that way of thinking caused the inquisition, crusades, holocaust and modern Islamic terror

good.gif. * +

adelarge 6.02.19 - 11:54pm
The only reason I come in here is to help people, help them save themselves, I got nothing to gain from what I say here, and people probably think I'm off my head but so be it. But I'm telling you god is real, Satan is real. God loves us all, Satan hates us all, Satan wants as many souls in hell and spares no one, he does it cause it saddens god. You can't be with god if you don't want to know god, you get me? Satans deceived the whole world with lies and deceit. Look if you find god build a relationship with him and you can ask him questions about the world. But trust me, tell Jesus to come into your life, but you have to mean this, you have to want this 100.percent, tell him your sorry for your sins, that you want to change for the good and for him to help you, he will come, he loves us all. But you can't serve God and Satan. Meaning you can't start sinning, cause when you sin your feel going further from god as its Satan who's leading you away with sin. And also read the new testament to begin with, read about our lord, it cleans you spiritually. * +

adelarge 7.02.19 - 12:01am
Otherwise live a miserable life asking yourself stupid questions, trying to fill a hole inside you with materialistic things, meaning you buy things to make yourself feel better then a couple of days later you feeling empty again. But you can fill that with the lord, the holy spirit * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-10
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index