! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Biblical Exposition - Page 11/12

Subject: Biblical Exposition
« <> »
xfrankie 17.11.17 - 12:53pm
BUT Faith, is NOT WITHOUT knowledge, understanding, reason and more especially EVIDENCE.
Throughout Scripture, the admonition is to BELIEVE based on ALL the above, and more importantly DEFEND the faith based on ALL the above. (Apologetics)
Jesus said 'love the Lord, Your God, with all your heart, soul, MIND and strength.
KNOWLEDGE - Simply put is the Whole Counsel of God's Word. Hosea 4:6 'my people perish for lack of knowledge, because thou has rejected knowledge ' In Romans 10 Paul states 'for i bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. For being ignorant of the righteousness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness'. He further asks, How can someone believe in whom they have never heard, in whom they don't know. First is preaching and delivering the message therefore.
UNDERSTANDING - its not enough to send the message, but to understand it. Romans 10:17 'faith cometh by hearing, AND HEARING the word of God'. The import here, is use of mental faculties, as opposed to blind acceptance. Heb. 5:12-14, reproves teachers for not learning and MATURING in understanding.
REASON - 'I do not feel obliged to believe, the same God who endowed us with sense, reason and intellect had intended for us to forego their use' Galileo Galilee.
Perhaps the most misperceived example of blind faith is Abraham, and the sacrifice of Isaac in Gen. 22:1-19, that's properly informed in Heb. 11:18-19 'Abraham REASONED that God had promised a great nation through Isaac, even if Isaac were killed God would raise him back from the dead'. The father of faith, because he first believed in the Resurrecting Power of God.
The Berean Attitude is what its called, stemming from the Berean Church in Acts 17:11, encompasses due diligence, vigilance, with Information received. 1 Thess. 5 :21 'test everything and hold on to good' * +

xfrankie 17.11.17 - 12:53pm
EVIDENCE - the comon christian objection is, if you need evidence, you don't need faith. The Bible begs to differ, James 2:17 'Faith without works is dead'. Romans 1:20, 'for since creation of the world, God's invisible qualities, his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so they are without excuse'. Furthermore there is the law of God written on Stone, and Romans 2:15, the law of God written in the heart. Thus people without the law (stone commandments) doing by nature things written in the law, proving the evidence of the law of God at work
In Exodus 14:31 'when the Israelites SAW the mighty power that the Lord had unleashed against the Egyptians, they were filled with awe. They PUT THEIR FAITH in Him and His Servant Moses'.
In 2 Cor. 12:12, Paul says He gave the Corinthians PROOF that he was indeed an Apostle from God because He performed many Signs and Wonders when he was with them.
In John 14:11 Jesus says look my works (evidence) if you doubt my identity.

It is in this respect, that Faith in the Bible, is INDISTINGUISHABLE from TRUST. Greg Koukl states 'trust cannot be conjured up or manfactured, it must be earned. You can't exercise the kind of faith the Bible has in mind, unless you are reasonably sure some particular things are true.
The Bible instructs to believe from an INFORMED perspective, and Defend based on the same INFORMED perspective. Phil. 1:16, Paul says he was appointed to defend the good news. In 1 Peter 3:15 'always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have' 2 Cor. 10:5 'we demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God'
Colossians 4:5-6 'live wisely among those who are not belivers and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious, attractive so that you will have a right response for everyone'
We have faith, in a position of Trust based on Knowledge of * +

xfrankie 17.11.17 - 12:54pm
of God * +

manszar 17.11.17 - 02:06pm

@ xfrankie - 23.09.17 - 04:21pm
'And i say you are Peter, and upon this rock, i shall build My Church'
Matt 16:18

Catholic papacy derives it authority from this verse, whereas Prostestatinism, says that Peter's confession is the rock, and he wasn't in any way a rock.
Interpretation that oscillates between two extremes.

Scripture interpretes Scripture, though different writers, the Author is One, The Holy Spirit of God.

Any interpretation must not only be intandem with overall Biblical tone, but must be Corroborated in both O.T and N.T

yet the messiah is not a god in the old testament and God is not 3 but one and is not the son of man

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good * +

xfrankie 26.07.18 - 02:09pm
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not of your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works so that no one may boast Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, Go in peace, be warmed and filled, without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead James 2:14-17 ESV

Two Scriptures that represent the center of the Faith versus Works debate in Christianity. How does the Word reconcile the two, seemingly, opposing doctrines? The answer, similarly, is espoused in the Bible. for all who seek Truth, it finds you. * +

dbh 2.08.18 - 11:38pm

@ manszar - 17.11.17 - 02:06pm
yet the messiah is not a god in the old testament and God is not 3 but one and is not the son of man

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good

Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.KJV
The word LORD in capital letters refers to Yhvah= Yehova= The Self Existent One
Mark 1:3 Proves Jesus is the LORD for whom this road is being prepared.

In Isaiah 44:6, the LORD (Yahweh) refers to himself as the First and the Last. In Revelation 1:8 and 17, Jesus similarly refers to himself as the Alpha and the Omega and the First and the Last. * +

manszar 3.08.18 - 04:41am

@ dbh - 2.08.18 - 11:38pm
Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.KJV
The word LORD in capital letters refers to Yhvah= Yehova= The Self Existent One
Mark 1:3 Proves Jesus is the LORD for whom this road is being prepared.

In Isaiah 44:6, the LORD (Yahweh) refers to himself as the First and the Last. In Revelation 1:8 and 17, Jesus similarly refers to himself as the Alpha and the Omega and the First and the Last.

lol God was always said to eventually live amongst the jews, why do you think the temple was built. and where does jesus say God is? Matthew 23:21 And anyone who swears by the temple swears by it and by the one who dwells in it. you should try to listen to the words of jesus not the hallucination of men. jesus loved God so to call him God would be without a doubt the biggest insult. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-12
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index