! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Biblical Exposition - Page 10/12

Subject: Biblical Exposition
« <> »
xfrankie 23.09.17 - 04:21pm
'And i say you are Peter, and upon this rock, i shall build My Church'
Matt 16:18

Catholic papacy derives it authority from this verse, whereas Prostestatinism, says that Peter's confession is the rock, and he wasn't in any way a rock.
Interpretation that oscillates between two extremes.

Scripture interpretes Scripture, though different writers, the Author is One, The Holy Spirit of God.

Any interpretation must not only be intandem with overall Biblical tone, but must be Corroborated in both O.T and N.T * +

xfrankie 23.09.17 - 04:33pm
An interpretation of papacy, is one that stands in isolation of the rest of Scripture,

Jesus Christ is the Foundation of the Chief Cornerstone and Head, the Confession of Peter..... 'you are the Christ, the Son of the Living God'.... is foundational to the Gospel, in a very real sense, the Confession is critical to Message of God, and identifying a True Church.

However, to say Peter as a rock, isn't relevant is similary, foley. Afterall, Peter leads a proclamation at the Church birth in Acts 2, First to take the Gospel to the Gentiles Acts 10,

He had a historical primacy in Church expansion, both in leadership and teaching, as John Calvin, 'Rank is different from Power'
This representation can't be wantonly dismissed in light of Matt 16:18 * +

xfrankie 23.09.17 - 04:48pm
R.C Sproul stated.... 'in study of scripture, we should be careful not to let excesses of oppossing positions, unduly influence our own application of text. All teachings of those whom we disagree, may not necessarily be wrong and we should strive to be faithful to God's word, not driven to make decisions contrary to what our opponents do just because we don't want in anyway to look like them.

1 Cor 3:11, states there can be no foundation other Jesus Christ.

Eph 2:20-22, the foundation of the church is built on the Prophets and Apostles, basically the teachings and writings of Persons Appointed in the O.T and N.T.. the Bible, and Doctrine thereto.

Peter truly was an Apostle, vested with authority and leadership of HISTORICAL relevance in the Creation of the Church, not NORMATIVE for the Church, * +

manszar 24.09.17 - 07:49am

@ xfrankie - 23.09.17 - 04:21pm
'And i say you are Peter, and upon this rock, i shall build My Church'
Matt 16:18

Catholic papacy derives it authority from this verse, whereas Prostestatinism, says that Peter's confession is the rock, and he wasn't in any way a rock.
Interpretation that oscillates between two extremes.

Scripture interpretes Scripture, though different writers, the Author is One, The Holy Spirit of God.

Any interpretation must not only be intandem with overall Biblical tone, but must be Corroborated in both O.T and N.T

so are you claiming the messiah to come in the old testament was always mentioned as a god? * +

ogdenz 24.09.17 - 03:15pm
So god creates people that he already knows won't obey him and be is going to send them to burn forever in hell? * +

xfrankie 25.09.17 - 06:45am

@ saher02 - 24.09.17 - 01:12pm
QURAN OR BIBLE have same msg if u c carefuly,it sys ALLAH IS ONE AND ALONE He has no one and he snd 124 of his prophets nd Jesu is one of them.And the msg is there,call the ppl to the right path.If thy will acpt the Islam true religon thy will get big reward like janah nd if thy wil deny thy wil be punishd like they wil be in hell which is ful of fireNd the othr msg is a politnes nd more importnt is think bfor spek.infact ur atitut nd ur way of speking shows ur educaton and ur religon.

thanx guy, but Christianity and Islam, don't have the same message if you see carefully, or even cursory,
Islams primarily is a works based theology, do good and you earn heaven. Thats in stark contrast to Christianity, which identifies that as a futile endeavour, quite literally impossible, that's why Man needs a Savior, a Salvation based Theology, doing good is not to earn heaven, but a result of being an already given-gifted heaven.

i wasn't formally moslem, so most of what i recognise from Islam is from Christian formally Moslem.

NABEEL QUREESHI, take some time read his works, was a Christian Apologist, though passed away recently, last week actually, formally Devout moslem, did a comprehensive distinction between the two.
some books, ' SEEKING ALLAH, FINDING JESUS' * +

xfrankie 17.11.17 - 12:52pm
2 Cor. 5:7 'for we walk by faith, not by sight'
'just have faith!', 'take a leap of faith' .. you hear it all the time, commonly associated to 'blind faith'
Blind Faith? what is it? Is it Biblical?
not the 1960s rock band, blind faith is often defined as 'a belief without true understanding, perception or discrimination' For the Christian, when pushed to the wall on an issue, the fall back is always, 'i just have faith'. For the Atheist, any belief in God is blind faith because it is without evidence, Richard Dawkins calls it the great cop-out, the great excuse to evade the need to think and evaluate evidence. For the agnostic, that question is moot.
The Bible's take on this, is what's in issue.
The key foundational aspect is this, if it can be SEEN, then faith is no longer operative. It cuts across, regardless of whether one is believer or not. If i see the daylight, i can't say i have faith the sun exists. Its right there, no need for it. It applies however, if i say i have faith it'll shine next.week. Regardless of the high probability. Or I have faith she'll go out with me, if i haven't yet asked, because faith generally relates to the unseen.
Heb 11:16 'for it is impossible to please God without faith... all those who come to him must believe He exist'
John 20:29 'blessed are those who have not yet seen, yet have believed'
In Heb. 11:1, faith is called 'the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen' * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-12
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index