! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Personality survives death? - Page 1/3

Subject: Personality survives death?
Replies: 17 Views: 1102
> »
terrydactyl 10.08.17 - 10:34pm
Okay,do you believe the personality survives death? Is the personality the same as the soul? * +

terrydactyl 10.08.17 - 10:35pm
People who believe we live on after death..what do you believe lives on? Soul? Personality? Are they the same thing in your belief system? * +

0gypsy0 10.08.17 - 10:56pm
Nope, I hope not. If yes, I have a long list of people I'll haunt. But if there's life after death then why do we die? chin.gif * +

wolf.1 10.08.17 - 11:07pm
yes... * +

phallica 11.08.17 - 12:28am
Good question, Alan Watts alluded to it when he said to try and imagine what it will be like to go to sleep and never wake up, then try to imagine what it was like to wake up having never gone to sleep.

I find it interesting to think that when we die, if that will be the ultimate end of the the self or if the consciousness lives on with the soul. What is our consciousness without our personality, it seems like an intrinsic aspect of the continuation. Perhaps what we experience beyond our vessels would have a profound impact on our personalities, but we remain as individuals still. I wouldn't rule it out anyway, we're able to ponder these things on a little rock ambling about a gargantuan universe and nobody's sure how or why the fu*k we got here to begin with. * +

phallica 11.08.17 - 12:29am
In a nutshell, I don't have a clue. * +

terrydactyl 11.08.17 - 11:34am
We develop our personalities as we grow. So I don't see a personality can survive death. How can something that we can see has a beginning not have an ending? * +

terrydactyl 11.08.17 - 11:34am

@ phallica - 11.08.17 - 12:28am
Good question, Alan Watts alluded to it when he said to try and imagine what it will be like to go to sleep and never wake up, then try to imagine what it was like to wake up having never gone to sleep.

I find it interesting to think that when we die, if that will be the ultimate end of the the self or if the consciousness lives on with the soul. What is our consciousness without our personality, it seems like an intrinsic aspect of the continuation. Perhaps what we experience beyond our vessels would have a profound impact on our personalities, but we remain as individuals still. I wouldn't rule it out anyway, we're able to ponder these things on a little rock ambling about a gargantuan universe and nobody's sure how or why the fu*k we got here to begin with.

He's quite interesting Alan Watts. Some good talks of his on YouTube. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index