! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Personality survives death? - Page 2/3

Subject: Personality survives death?
« <> »
adelarge 13.08.17 - 01:48pm
Make your minds up athiests, you can't have a soul if life was an accident. But i try an explain how it feels. You die your soul comes out, your then judged by god, if you go to heaven this is how it feels. imagine every negative feeling being removed from you, example taken the feeling of hate away, worry, sadness, time, stress etc, none of these feelings exist, instead it's a feeling of love, this world is irrelevant, an amazing feeling, you could stand in the same place and not move forever, its an eternity, I can't explain the feeling fully, cause its not possible to feel it in this life, but it's the best feeling ever. Or you could go to the other place, it was dark there, and not a nice feeling. Like I say you have a free choice. * +

ladibud 13.08.17 - 09:44pm

@ terrydactyl - 10.08.17 - 10:35pm
People who believe we live on after death..what do you believe lives on? Soul? Personality? Are they the same thing in your belief system?

I think it is * +

iminuru 14.08.17 - 02:11am
Soul which is life is almost impossible to explain in itself, just like You cann't explain angels, similarly satan, who is from the jinns, daemons etc. The soul in itself cannot do anything until it is in a material body. All the souls of living things are already created by the Almighty Allah, some have seen their predestine era and some are to come. and as a layman example, the material body is just like a vehicle of/for a rider (soul). and this soul never dies, it will be brought back/put/pushed into the material bodies on the day of judgement and will be accounted for its deeds/mischieves.. * +

shadow27 14.08.17 - 04:44am
Are personality and soul the same thing? One might be linked to the other, or inform the other.. But I think they may be very different things. Personality is active, soul is more of a passive repository of sorts. * +

manszar 14.08.17 - 07:59am

@ terrydactyl - 11.08.17 - 11:34am
We develop our personalities as we grow. So I don't see a personality can survive death. How can something that we can see has a beginning not have an ending?

for me i dont see the point in not taking some part of what we learn on earth with us. i think certain parts of the personality does survive. and i would give the example of my three children, all three had very different personalities noticeable at very young age and to this day. * +

nulife 18.08.17 - 01:01pm
sigh I'm just an empty vessel .. * +

mikeymk 24.08.17 - 04:09am
Our knowledge shapes our personality. Our knowledge is information we carry. It's stored in our brains. Our brains store knowledge by encoding it to physical shapes. In flesh. When we die, that flesh dies. It rots. And so rots all the information we've accumulated over our life. When your body dies, your personality dies with it.

Some will say they don't believe this, without putting much thought in. Because they don't want to believe it. That is not a true representation of belief. When you've worked so hard for so long, to develop your personality, it seems an injustice to lose it. Sentiment is just a tool, we need it only for this life. As is your personality. We learn because it helps us get better at surviving this life. You won't need what you learnt here when you're no longer living it. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index