! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Tithing - Page 1/3

Subject: Tithing
Replies: 18 Views: 1268
> »
endemic 2.07.17 - 04:44pm
Is tithing with the use of borrowed money okay in the eyes of God? * +

terrydactyl 2.07.17 - 09:17pm
What about with stolen money? What if you steal one hundred pounds and donate it to an orphanage? Would God be angry? * +

iminuru 3.07.17 - 01:12am
is Alms and Tithing the same or different?
* +

endemic 13.07.17 - 10:22pm
Yes tithing is similar to giving alms. It's the giving of 10 percent of your income/produce etc. It has to be given with a willing heart and must be the first of your income/produce etc. For example, I earn 1000 Euros. 100 Euros must be taken out first and given to church as an offering or to charity etc. Then I can spend the rest and pay the bills and so. * +

endemic 13.07.17 - 10:35pm
It's not obligatory. It's taken from the Old Testament.

Numbers 18:26
26 ''Speak to the Levites and say to them: When you receive from the Israelites the tithe I give you as your inheritance, you must present a tenth of that tithe as the LORD's offering.

2 Chronicles 31:4-5
4 He ordered the people living in Jerusalem to give the portion due the priests and Levites so they could devote themselves to the Law of the LORD. 5 As soon as the order went out, the Israelites generously gave the firstfruits of their grain, new wine, olive oil and honey and all that the fields produced. They brought a great amount, a tithe of everything.

Deuteronomy 12:5-6
5 But you are to seek the place the LORD your God will choose from among all your tribes to put his Name there for his dwelling. To that place you must go; 6 there bring your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, what you have vowed to give and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks.

Genesis 14:19-20
19 and he blessed Abram, saying, ''Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth. 20 And praise be to God Most High, who delivered your enemies into your hand.'' Then Abram gave him a tenth of everything.

Genesis 28:20-22
20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, ''If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 21 so that I return safely to my fathers household, then the LORD will be my God 22 and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God's house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.'' * +

endemic 13.07.17 - 10:43pm
Nehemiah 10:35-37
35 ''We also assume responsibility for bringing to the house of the LORD each year the firstfruits of our crops and of every fruit tree. 36 ''As it is also written in the Law, we will bring the firstborn of our sons and of our cattle, of our herds and of our flocks to the house of our God, to the priests ministering there. 37 ''Moreover, we will bring to the storerooms of the house of our God, to the priests, the first of our ground meal, of our grain offerings, of the fruit of all our trees and of our new wine and olive oil. And we will bring a tithe of our crops to the Levites, for it is the Levites who collect the tithes in all the towns where we work.

Leviticus 27:30-34
30 '' 'A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD. 31 Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it. 32 Every tithe of the herd and flock-every tenth animal that passes under the shepherds rodwill be holy to the LORD. 33 No one may pick out the good from the bad or make any substitution. If anyone does make a substitution, both the animal and its substitute become holy and cannot be redeemed.' '' 34 These are the commands the LORD gave Moses at Mount Sinai for the Israelites.

Malachi 3:8-12
8 ''Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me. ''But you ask, 'How are we robbing you?' ''In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse-your whole nation-because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,'' says the LORD Almighty, ''and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. * +

endemic 13.07.17 - 10:50pm
11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,'' says the LORD Almighty. 12 ''Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,'' says the LORD Almighty.

Numbers 18:21
21 ''I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the tent of meeting.

Proverbs 3:9-10
9 Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; 10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.

I've quoted all the Old Testament passages here.
You can see the New Testament passages [link]here:http://www.biblestudytools.com/topical-verses/tithing-in-the-bible/[/link] * +

endemic 13.07.17 - 11:11pm

@ iminuru - 3.07.17 - 01:12am
is Alms and Tithing the same or different?

It's similar to Zakat al-mal, which is 2.5 percent, I believe, of a Muslim's total savings and wealth, but is considered a purely voluntary act. * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search