! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

What is hell ? - Page 3/5

Subject: What is hell ?
« <> »
mikeymk 20.09.16 - 03:52am
Fantasy-based blackmail. * +

bozzalad 20.09.16 - 03:39pm
hell woild be knowing you will never see loved ones again * +

0gypsy0 22.09.16 - 08:43pm

@ alvar89 - 18.09.16 - 04:37pm
Did not say i dont believe in a eternal fire etc. Said i dont believe all those stories and theatricals showing a devil with a fork torturing ppl down there etc.

and you're right,nowhere in the bible is mentioned that Satan and the demons are torturing people in hell * +

valatine 23.09.16 - 01:51am
If you work in a deep coal mine . Are you working in hell if it exists * +

halman 28.11.16 - 11:09am

@ 0gypsy0 - 18.09.16 - 04:08pm
then why is Jesus saying this?

''And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched . And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into
hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched . And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched '' (Mark 9:43-48)

read also isaiah 66:22-24

How do worms not die in this hell ? Jesus is not teaching hellfire. He used the the valley of Hinnom outside Jerusalem's walls as a symbol of destruction. Ge'enna or Gehenna.There were fires kept burning with sulfur for rubbish and carcasses of excecuted criminals deemed not worthy of burial. Any corpes thrown over and caught on ledges, were consumed naturally ie. 'worms' ... And if we read Revelation 20:13,14, we see 'hell' [greek HADES] gives up all in it ie. EMPTIED and is thrown into the lake of fire, the second death along with death. HADES here is really the GRAVE. it empties when all in it are resurrected back to life. The lake of fire is a symbol of total destruction out of existence. As for being dead, there are no thoughts or feelings whatsoever. See Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10, ... * +

funphy 28.11.16 - 10:10pm
Megabus after an all nighter. * +

leedsand 16.12.16 - 09:42am
Hell is a weekend in hull * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page