! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Spiritual Materialism? - Page 1/3

Subject: Spiritual Materialism?
Replies: 16 Views: 1579
> »
fiftyshadesofgreat 31.08.16 - 10:49pm
We keep hearing that spirituality, or even mainstream religion, are opposed to materialism. If that's true, then why is spirituality a 30 billion dollar market in India and 30+ billion dollar market in the USA? * +

xxlee 4.09.16 - 11:45am
Because the world is mad. * +

mikeymk 13.09.16 - 05:03am
I like the fact this forum is called religion and beliefs. Because they're not the same thing.

Beliefs are something we all develop.

Religion is a tool which hijacks our beliefs and claims them for it's own, duping people into identifying their beliefs via that label. They are then part of that. It's a movement of power, control and wealth. It formed the infrastructure of the way we all live today. It's both horrific, and yet, immensely impressive. * +

0gypsy0 18.09.16 - 04:14pm
business is business * +

fiftyshadesofgreat 30.09.16 - 06:28pm
You're spot on @mikeymk, I think book religion becomes the main part of a person's belief system lying at the core of one's heart.
Business first @0gypsy0 :p * +

fiftyshadesofgreat 30.09.16 - 06:38pm
@mikeymk I think what's more impressive is that this belief system called religion is so designed as to necessitate its completely opposite movement, militant atheism, to keep it flourishing. Blind romance and blind rationality. * +

0gypsy0 3.10.16 - 06:53pm
yeah we saw it oomph, the catholic church, the vatican...theyre all doing fine * +

fiftyshadesofgreat 6.10.16 - 10:50pm
Yeah, they've nailed it. Selling the Jesus drug for material and strategic advantage I guess :p * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-3
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search