! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Buddhism. - Page 8/27

Subject: Buddhism.
« <> »
ogdenz 30.05.16 - 05:17pm

@ 0gypsy0 - 30.05.16 - 03:34pm
That doesn't answer my question.

Which question wasn't answered? * +

bozzalad 30.05.16 - 09:50pm
we think therefore we are, when we cease to think... * +

manszar 31.05.16 - 03:55am

@ ogdenz - 30.05.16 - 03:11pm
Conflicting thoughts often occur of course. But the ''i'' that thinks it is experiencing them is the thing that doesn't exist.

it does exist. it exists in the memory of i. the combined memories of the i form the i, which is why i am separate from you. to say it doesn't exist is to say i dont exist, yet here i am * +

ogdenz 31.05.16 - 07:27am

@ manszar - 31.05.16 - 03:55am
it does exist. it exists in the memory of i. the combined memories of the i form the i, which is why i am separate from you. to say it doesn't exist is to say i dont exist, yet here i am

It exists in dependence upon many many factors i agree. However it doesn't exist from its own side. It doesn't exist inherently. It exists conventionally as a merely labelled phenomena. Ultimately however like all thing it has no selfhood. * +

ogdenz 31.05.16 - 07:43am

it does exist. it exists in the memory of i. the combined memories of the i form the i, which is why i am separate from you. to say it doesn't exist is to say i dont exist, yet here i am

''The combined memories of the ''i'' form the ''i''? So according to that statement the ''i'' is not independent from its memories? It is made up of memories? Take the memories away and there is no ''i''? I agree with that. * +

ogdenz 31.05.16 - 07:48am

I am not saying you don't exist. I am saying you exist in dependence upon many factors. Without these factors or causes there is no ''i''..therefore the ''i'' exists dependently. Hence under scrutiny there is no ''i'' that exists outside of or separate from its causes and conditions. * +

ogdenz 31.05.16 - 07:50am

@ bozzalad - 30.05.16 - 09:50pm
we think therefore we are, when we cease to think...

So there is no ''i''separate from the thoughts? No ''i'' having the thoughts? Only the thoughts exist..no thinker of those thoughts can be found. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-27
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index