! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Buddhism. - Page 7/27

Subject: Buddhism.
« <> »
0gypsy0 30.05.16 - 02:15pm

@ ogdenz - 30.05.16 - 01:13pm
In what way do you feel this philosophy is ''headless''?

Sorry I just came home from work and I'm in an arguing mood, lol. I have conflicting thoughts because of it and the observer in me that doesn't exist says that I should log out and chill because I also have these negative thoughts that are generated as a result of the bad day I had. I know myself and I'm not quite me right now. It's not an independent '' I '', it's part of everything, together, the captain of the ship (brain). Haha. Ok, I'll shut up now * +

ogdenz 30.05.16 - 03:08pm

@ 0gypsy0 - 30.05.16 - 01:27pm
So if I lose the sense of self then would there be someone else or nobody?

Who is this ''i'' that would lose a sense of self? The ''i'' is exactly the thing that doesn't exist in the first place. (It's merely imputed by the aggregates of body and mind) * +

ogdenz 30.05.16 - 03:11pm

@ 0gypsy0 - 30.05.16 - 01:34pm
'' there's no watcher in conflict with his own thoughts'' are you sure? You've never had conflicting thoughts? Lol. I doubt that.

Conflicting thoughts often occur of course. But the ''i'' that thinks it is experiencing them is the thing that doesn't exist. * +

ogdenz 30.05.16 - 03:12pm

@ 0gypsy0 - 30.05.16 - 02:15pm
Sorry I just came home from work and I'm in an arguing mood, lol. I have conflicting thoughts because of it and the observer in me that doesn't exist says that I should log out and chill because I also have these negative thoughts that are generated as a result of the bad day I had. I know myself and I'm not quite me right now. It's not an independent '' I '', it's part of everything, together, the captain of the ship (brain). Haha. Ok, I'll shut up now

No worries gypsy. hug.gif * +

0gypsy0 30.05.16 - 03:33pm

@ ogdenz - 30.05.16 - 03:11pm
Conflicting thoughts often occur of course. But the ''i'' that thinks it is experiencing them is the thing that doesn't exist.

Then who is having the experience? Lol. What relates experience to non-experience? * +

0gypsy0 30.05.16 - 03:34pm

@ ogdenz - 30.05.16 - 03:08pm
Who is this ''i'' that would lose a sense of self? The ''i'' is exactly the thing that doesn't exist in the first place. (It's merely imputed by the aggregates of body and mind)

That doesn't answer my question. * +

ogdenz 30.05.16 - 05:16pm

@ 0gypsy0 - 30.05.16 - 03:33pm
Then who is having the experience? Lol. What relates experience to non-experience?

No one is having the experience. Experience without an experiencer. Thoughts without a thinker. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-27
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index