! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Buddhism. - Page 23/27

Subject: Buddhism.
« <> »
ogdenz 26.08.16 - 11:24am

@ manszar - 26.08.16 - 01:06am
It is a possibility if the universe has memory

I suppose it's a possibility. Is the universe sentient though? Is the universe just a label the mind projects onto everything in it? Is the universe separate to all the stars,planets,dark matter etc? The universe is a label we put onto all those things. * +

jayna 26.08.16 - 11:52am
If buddhism exists then dodgehism must exist as well. As ya core ave wan without ter other. * +

manszar 28.08.16 - 11:23am

@ ogdenz - 26.08.16 - 11:21am
The ''i'' like all phenomena is dependently originated..would you agree with that? If not then tell me where the ''i'' comes from? Has it always existed? It must either be dependently originated or be eternally existing. There is no third option.

The i is dependent on memory. Now if the universe has memory then the i can be eternally existing. So it can be both. * +

manszar 28.08.16 - 11:33am

@ ogdenz - 26.08.16 - 11:24am
I suppose it's a possibility. Is the universe sentient though? Is the universe just a label the mind projects onto everything in it? Is the universe separate to all the stars,planets,dark matter etc? The universe is a label we put onto all those things.

I doubt its Sentient in a human sense. But if it has memory then it may be in its own sense. The universe is what it is. and is without a doubt far more than what we perceive it to be. * +

ogdenz 29.08.16 - 12:33am

@ manszar - 28.08.16 - 11:23am
The i is dependent on memory. Now if the universe has memory then the i can be eternally existing. So it can be both.

You are assuming the universe is eternal. It isn't. No state is eternal.Also the ''i'' is dependent upon many things,not just memory otherwise amnesiacs would have no sense of ''i''. * +

ogdenz 29.08.16 - 12:34am

@ manszar - 28.08.16 - 11:33am
I doubt its Sentient in a human sense. But if it has memory then it may be in its own sense. The universe is what it is. and is without a doubt far more than what we perceive it to be.

Agree that we know very little about the universe. Yep it's far more than what we perceive it to be. * +

manszar 29.08.16 - 11:07am

@ ogdenz - 29.08.16 - 12:33am
You are assuming the universe is eternal. It isn't. No state is eternal.Also the ''i'' is dependent upon many things,not just memory otherwise amnesiacs would have no sense of ''i''.

no im assuming the memory is eternal, something you cant say is not, as you have no idea if it is or not. the question never implied that i had to list all what i thought the 'i' depended on, i only showed that i believed it was dependent and listed what i thought the most important was. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-27
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index