! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Buddhism. - Page 16/27

Subject: Buddhism.
« <> »
0gypsy0 27.07.16 - 01:31pm

@ ogdenz - 27.07.16 - 12:58am
Thats part of our survival instinct. A learned behaviour. The thought ''i shall eat cake or play music to make myself feel better is a learned behaviour.

No its not. At all. We're going around in circles, I give up. The experiencer doesn't exist but you say you have experience. The observer doesn't exist but you're sure you had an experience. There's no observer but one can control its thoughts though there's no thinker, observer and experiencer and so on, yada yada. * +

0gypsy0 27.07.16 - 01:40pm

@ ogdenz - 27.07.16 - 10:12am
If all thoughts stopped the thinker would be thinking?

Thoughts sometimes arise by themselves. But we're on automatic pilot according to you and there's no observer to recognise them as positive or negative or arising by themselves. There's no thinker therefore it's not up to us to stop thinking if we are to follow your philosophy. Your questions are contradicting and disproving the philosophy * +

0gypsy0 27.07.16 - 01:57pm

@ ogdenz - 27.07.16 - 10:11am
I am not a seperate thinker...i am the thinker not the thoughts. .not separate from what? The thoughts?

Self-examination is impossible because there's no thinker. You can't examine yourself and observe your thoughts. I haven't identified my thoughts as negative because that's impossible. Right? I am my thoughts so whatever I say or do, it's not my fault. And I should accept this as truth. Well no * +

ogdenz 27.07.16 - 04:54pm
. * +

ogdenz 27.07.16 - 04:55pm
. * +

manszar 28.07.16 - 03:02pm

@ ogdenz - 27.07.16 - 10:11am
I am not a seperate thinker...i am the thinker not the thoughts. .not separate from what? The thoughts?

not separate from anything that is produced by me. * +

manszar 28.07.16 - 03:11pm

@ ogdenz - 27.07.16 - 10:12am
If all thoughts stopped the thinker would be thinking?

yes thats right. i do not deliberately or consciously produce ever thought that comes to mind. so if all thought stopped the mind would quite, allowing one to think and reflect on said peace * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-27
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index