! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Buddhism. - Page 15/27

Subject: Buddhism.
« <> »
ogdenz 27.07.16 - 12:58am

@ 0gypsy0 - 26.07.16 - 09:25pm
My thoughts could get me in trouble which is why I don't listen to them. When I'm down I distract myself just to get rid of the negative thoughts and their effects on me,bringing me down even more. All this would be impossible if there was no observer, no '' I'' behind. That's what I mean.

Thats part of our survival instinct. A learned behaviour. The thought ''i shall eat cake or play music to make myself feel better is a learned behaviour. * +

manszar 27.07.16 - 09:24am

@ ogdenz - 25.07.16 - 01:38pm
A thought has no independent power. Nothing exists independently. The thinker doesnt exist,no separate thinker has the thoughts. Under analysis a thinker of the thoughts can't be found.

a thought does have some independent power if it has the power to influence. i am not a separate thinker i am the thinker not the thought. * +

manszar 27.07.16 - 09:32am

@ ogdenz - 25.07.16 - 01:41pm
If all thoughts stopped would their be a thinker that exists? A thinker that just happens to not be thinking at that time? If so where is the thinker when under general anaesthetic?

If all thoughts stopped the thinker would be thinking how peaceful the world seems today,,, the thinker would be under general anesthetic. * +

manszar 27.07.16 - 09:47am

@ ogdenz - 26.07.16 - 08:50pm
The combined memories of the i form the i? So you agree then...the i doesnt exist independently of the thoughts and memories? It is just a concept made up of thoughts and memories.

no it exists as a creation of thoughts and memories. * +

ogdenz 27.07.16 - 10:01am

@ manszar - 27.07.16 - 09:47am
no it exists as a creation of thoughts and memories.

This i agree with 100 percent. It exists as a creation of thoughts and memories. So its not an independent thing that has the thoughts. * +

ogdenz 27.07.16 - 10:11am

@ manszar - 27.07.16 - 09:24am
a thought does have some independent power if it has the power to influence. i am not a separate thinker i am the thinker not the thought.

I am not a seperate thinker...i am the thinker not the thoughts. .not separate from what? The thoughts? * +

ogdenz 27.07.16 - 10:12am

@ manszar - 27.07.16 - 09:32am
If all thoughts stopped the thinker would be thinking how peaceful the world seems today,,, the thinker would be under general anesthetic.

If all thoughts stopped the thinker would be thinking? * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-27
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum