! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Interdependent Origination. - Page 2/5

Subject: Interdependent Origination.
« <> »
ogdenz 23.05.15 - 10:23pm
All things are merely labelled by the mind. Even mind itself is merely labelled and has no independent existence. A zen buddhist once confided in his teacher that he was having trouble with his mind. The teacher said to him ''Show me your mind and I shall cure your problems'' After a long search the student told the master ''I can't find it!'' ....''Exactly''! said the master. * +

ogdenz 29.05.15 - 03:06am
So nothing at all exists by its own nature,nothing is independent.From an atom to the universe itself all are merely labelled by mind,they do not exist from their own side. Even enlightenment is a dependent state. * +

ogdenz 29.05.15 - 03:11am
Now,saying things do not exist from their own side does not mean that things cease to exist when we don't perceive them. It simply means they don't exist independently..or inherently. Eg there can be no cake without ingredients or no hand without fingers,palm or thumb. . So everything is just labelled by mind...which itself is just a label. * +

propidol 29.05.15 - 09:31am
Budhism is for gays, init. * +

krisp 30.05.15 - 07:17am
Yes propidol you can rest assured knowing you would not be ridiculed for your homosexual orientation as Buddhism treats everyone equally and does not discriminate, it is for everyone. I think most people in this day and age would accept you for believing anything you like * +

krisp 30.05.15 - 07:21am
Nice topic by the way ogdenz! * +

propidol 30.05.15 - 12:43pm

@ ogdenz - 23.05.15 - 08:23am
Nothing exists of its own accord.All things are made up of other things.Nothing has its own inherent nature.Nothing exists independently.

You have clearly never had an argument with a woman. * +

« <> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-5
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
6 first page
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum