! You are not logged in to Prodigits. Please register or login.

Sufism - Page 1/11

Subject: Sufism
Replies: 74 Views: 3345
> »
saxobeat 15.12.14 - 09:41pm
This topic, I dedicate to Sufism/Mysticism and the teachings of Sufi masters. It knows no religion, no bounds, no labels. Sufism is the religion of Love.

* +

saxobeat 15.12.14 - 09:43pm
You are welcome to contribute any quotes/ knowledge regarding mysticism. * +

saxobeat 15.12.14 - 09:44pm
I'll share a few sayings by Shams of Tabriz. The Sufi Saint and mentor of Rumi. * +

saxobeat 15.12.14 - 09:46pm
Hell is in the here and now. So is heaven. Quit worrying about hell or dreaming about heaven, as they are both present inside this very moment. Every time we fall in love, we ascend to heaven. Every time we hate, envy or fight someone we tumble straight into the fires of hell. - Shams Tabriz * +

saxobeat 15.12.14 - 09:48pm
Nothing should stand between you and God. No imams, priests, rabbis or any other custodians of moral or religious leadership. Not spiritual masters and not even your faith. Believe in your values and your rules, but never lord them over others. If you keep breaking other peoples hearts, whatever religious duty you perform is no good. Stay away from all sorts of idolatry, for they will blur your vision. Let God and only God be your guide. Learn the Truth, my friend, but be careful not to make a fetish out of your truths. - Shams Tabriz * +

saxobeat 15.12.14 - 09:51pm
It is never too late to ask yourself, Am I ready to change the life I am living? Am I ready to change within? Even if a single day in your life is the same as the day before, it surely is a pity. At every moment and with each new breath, one should be renewed and renewed again. There is only one-way to be born into a new life: to die before death. - Shams Tabriz * +

saxobeat 15.12.14 - 09:53pm
A life without love is of no account. Dont ask yourself what kind of love you should seek, spiritual or material, divine or mundane, Eastern or Western. Divisions only lead to more divisions. Love has no labels, no definitions. It is what it is, pure and simple. Love is the water of life. And a lover is a soul of fire! The universe turns differently when fire loves water. - Shams Tabriz * +

saxobeat 15.12.14 - 09:53pm
The path to the Truth is a labour of the heart, not of the head. Make your heart your primary guide! Not your mind. Meet, challenge and ultimately prevail over your nafs (self, psyche, soul) with your heart. Knowing your ego will lead you to the knowledge of God. - Shams Tabriz * +

> »

Quick reply:

+ go to page 1-11
+ my page
+ functions
3 search
4 submit a reply
7 last page
+ bookmark
8 Religion&Beliefs Forum
9 Forum Index

Custom Search